Dissecting Red Diesel Rules (FWI article)

AA Teccie (Paul)

Dissecting red diesel rules - 10/02/2014 - Farmers Weekly

APOLOGIES if this has been posted previously and I'm "out-of-touch"...again!

I'm not going to venture an opinion, "who dares?" :biggrin:, and as far as the ARB Approved Contractor Scheme is concerned we place the onus on the contractor to ensure the vehicle is legal and registered etc. appropriately. We are not the regulator, and nor should we be, the DVSA and Police are there for that (n often I don't reckon they know either :confused1:).

Cheers all..

Paul

Dissecting red diesel rules - 10/02/2014 - Farmers Weekly

APOLOGIES if this has been posted previously and I'm "out-of-touch"...again!

I'm not going to venture an opinion, "who dares?" :biggrin:, and as far as the ARB Approved Contractor Scheme is concerned we place the onus on the contractor to ensure the vehicle is legal and registered etc. appropriately. We are not the regulator, and nor should we be, the DVSA and Police are there for that (n often I don't reckon they know either :confused1:).

Cheers all..

Paul

I would be a bit careful holding this up as an example

for example this answer is misleading to say the best of it

Q. When would I need an Operator’s Licence?

A. An Operator’s Licence is required for carrying goods in vehicles used for hire or reward.

If they cant get that right what else have they got wrong?

I would be a bit careful holding this up as an example

for example this answer is misleading to say the best of it

Q. When would I need an Operator’s Licence?

A. An Operator’s Licence is required for carrying goods in vehicles used for hire or reward.

If they cant get that right what else have they got wrong?

So just get a flatbed and carry the goods on it. No O licence required simples!!:lol:

Seems quite clear of what I read of it so far Paul, cheers for the link.

It still rears up the ole question though, "Is domestic tree work classified as forestry?":sneaky2:

I know what I think as it's a commercial activity, n it won't be popular :001_huh:

Cheers..

Paul

Having researched this in detail, my understanding (still might not be correct) is that tree work including removal of waste is horticulture. So red is ok for Arb work , but once you venture into other activities such as fencing or grass cutting for example it's not OK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

If i run on red,does that mean i needn't bother with cpc training or O liscencing?

Not if you spell it like that! I reckon it comes under a whole other category, (sorry couldn't resist. Feel free to go through my posts and you will find loads of mistakes)still have to do your cpc though.

It is an on going headache. Probably if the vehicle has no reverse gear it would be ok as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk