How are people finding their new Isuzu D-Max?

Andrew Barrett

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve will them DMAX do 80 empty pick up the one tried did not thanks Jon

Jon you clearly drove a Friday night job. First time I took mine on a dual carriageway found myself doing near 90 without realising it. Pretty sure it would go faster than I would ever want to go in an off road vehicle

Jon you clearly drove a Friday night job. First time I took mine on a dual carriageway found myself doing near 90 without realising it. Pretty sure it would go faster than I would ever want to go in an off road vehicle

Hi wood I'm not worried about how fast I was going it just did not pull well at all then I'm told it may be a Friday night do you have keep the REVS UP IN THEM THANKS JON 👍

Hi wood I'm not worried about how fast I was going it just did not pull well at all then I'm told it may be a Friday night do you have keep the REVS UP IN THEM THANKS JON 👍

jon its simple reaslly

if you want some that tows like a l/r buy piging l/r & be done with , untill the japs lower the gearing on there stuff they will always be differant wont they ,:biggrin:

jon its simple reaslly

if you want some that tows like a l/r buy piging l/r & be done with , untill the japs lower the gearing on there stuff they will always be differant wont they ,:biggrin:

HI JOHNY i do not want LR I've had 3 new ones im looking at pick up but theres only one stand out to me now it the VW AMAROK they think of more details on the back tail lift for mrs it easy to open and light to close thanks jon :thumbup:

Just noticed my oil level rising so guess they have not got this problem resolved :thumbdown:

Does anyone know how this happens? I've never driven a Dmax (newest pickup has been a 2009 ranger with 240k on clock) but is it not an engine management issue along the lines of:

Exhaust back pressure senses particulate trap becoming blocked

Need to clean it by getting it hot, either a high speed run at high load to get the filter hot enough

OR

Push some extra fuel in via the injectors near exhaust opening time (can only do this with common rail) so it heats the trap up. A chip remap could fix this.

However because engine doesn't get hot sooty excess diesel runs down bore into sump

or have I got this new fangled stuff entirely wrong.

It makes adding adblue look attractive.

Does anyone know how this happens? I've never driven a Dmax (newest pickup has been a 2009 ranger with 240k on clock) but is it not an engine management issue along the lines of:

Exhaust back pressure senses particulate trap becoming blocked

Need to clean it by getting it hot, either a high speed run at high load to get the filter hot enough

OR

Push some extra fuel in via the injectors near exhaust opening time (can only do this with common rail) so it heats the trap up. A chip remap could fix this.

However because engine doesn't get hot sooty excess diesel runs down bore into sump

or have I got this new fangled stuff entirely wrong.

It makes adding adblue look attractive.

HI OPEN is it the EGR VALE yes thanks jon :thumbup:

Just noticed my oil level rising so guess they have not got this problem resolved :thumbdown:

I spoke to the dealer about 3 months ago and he assured me that unless you leave it ticking over lots or plodding round feeding pheasants etc the problems are gone.A good run on a roads 20 minute per day will prevent the problem.