bulk bag log delivery

Greenscene84

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have priced your logs so low you cant take the chance on a bag not being returned next time your pricing structure is wrong, you can get an easy 75% returns on bags put a disclosure on the invoice if not returned they will be charged and get paid or get 100% returns.

there are countless options to drop bags off for not a lot of money from scaffolding style frames with engine hoists to boat winches on simple frames it doesnt need to be a hydraulic crane.

it's about 6 months ago there was alot of discussion on regulation coming in and why nobody would be happy about it and its your attitude that will drive it forward.

I'm probably the most expensive in my area :blushing:

If you want to take logs uber seriously that's cool. Good luck to ya. I fail to see the point when we're at a tipping point re cost effectiveness compared to fossile fuels and the entry barriers to the log trade are so low.

For me, it's easy extra cash when I get an order. It matters not to me about a bit of sawdust on the drive, the customer is too busy being engaged in cheery banter and having some gardening sold to them :thumbup1::lol:

Quick question- are you in favour of increased regulation of the log trade?

I've got a big roll of polythene which they use when covering carrots. A roll last for years even half a roll. I lay on gravel driveways, tip logs out of bag, tell customer to keep sheet. No mess, very cheap and everyone happy

Good plan. Could I also suggest a roll of silage sheet? We use this on building jobs around the cement mixer etc, it's very economical, completely impervious and stores well in a tidy roll. The best size is the 2m ish wide one that you use for the walls of a clamp. :thumbup1:

I'm probably the most expensive in my area :blushing:

If you want to take logs uber seriously that's cool. Good luck to ya. I fail to see the point when we're at a tipping point re cost effectiveness compared to fossile fuels and the entry barriers to the log trade are so low.

For me, it's easy extra cash when I get an order. It matters not to me about a bit of sawdust on the drive, the customer is too busy being engaged in cheery banter and having some gardening sold to them :thumbup1::lol:

Quick question- are you in favour of increased regulation of the log trade?

of course I'm not pro regulation thats why I object to your don't give a **** attitude to the mess. I do take it serious as it's my job and I try to achieve some degree of professionalism and maybe your customers are happy with you leaving a mess but I know from those I've spoken to in my area there are alot who do not like it I want repeat business so try to keep the customer happy not just distracted.

of course I'm not pro regulation thats why I object to your don't give a **** attitude to the mess. I do take it serious as it's my job and I try to achieve some degree of professionalism and maybe your customers are happy with you leaving a mess but I know from those I've spoken to in my area there are alot who do not like it I want repeat business so try to keep the customer happy not just distracted.

Hear Hear! Thats the major problem with this forum, always someone with the negative attitude and Doom and Gloom! :biggrin: