Should be getting paid holiday pay???

desired_affect

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you on the books employed? You should be paid a fixed amount per week regardless of hours as long as you turn up and polish the truck or sweep the floor. Overtime can be paid but is not compulsory if you are on a salary.

Yes you should have holiday pay! The fact that you have not signed anything is in your favour. Statutory employment law will stand as a contract in place of the one that you have not been provided with.

Many thanks Rupe for replying, I am on his books, but he does only pay me for the hours i work, no hours no money.

He refuses to pay me for any sort of maintenance work as that is all work he says he can do with out having to pay some one else to do.

what would in your opinion be my best cause of action???

Entitled or not I would say you have no chance of gettign it! Your employed on an ad-hoc basis which is unfair for you. Boss wins again!

If you were employed part time, say four days a week then you would turn up four days a week if there is work or not is not your problem. He could reduce your hours to two days a week and you would still turn up two days a week even if there is no work.

he can't just get you to work whenever he feels like it, there must be some kind of agreement even if that agreement changes from week to week. Then your holiday pay would be as stated about 1.5 days or whatever the figure is for every month worked, but part time work would take longer to acrue that holiday entitlement.

There must be a lower limit wherby you get no holiday pay. For example if you had a second job in a bar two evenings a week, you wouldn't get holiday pay from that job. I'm not sure exactly how that all works though.

Are you sure he's even payign any tax for you? Do you get paysips?

It does seem a bit of a strange way of working don't know how you can survive not knowing when your working next or not. Couldn't you just say your avaliable a few days a week and get another part time job.

My brother was in a simular situation thought he was employed changed job and next minute the tax man was saying you owe x ammount and previous employer is saying that you were self employed..

Entitled or not I would say you have no chance of gettign it! Your employed on an ad-hoc basis which is unfair for you. Boss wins again!

If you were employed part time, say four days a week then you would turn up four days a week if there is work or not is not your problem. He could reduce your hours to two days a week and you would still turn up two days a week even if there is no work.

he can't just get you to work whenever he feels like it, there must be some kind of agreement even if that agreement changes from week to week. Then your holiday pay would be as stated about 1.5 days or whatever the figure is for every month worked, but part time work would take longer to acrue that holiday entitlement.

There must be a lower limit wherby you get no holiday pay. For example if you had a second job in a bar two evenings a week, you wouldn't get holiday pay from that job. I'm not sure exactly how that all works though.

Are you sure he's even payign any tax for you? Do you get paysips?

yeah i get pay slips, last week i only paid nation insurance, over the whole of last year i paid no tax as it said i didn't not earn enough.

It does seem a bit of a strange way of working don't know how you can survive not knowing when your working next or not..

Im struggling I'm 23 this year and have load of things i want to go off and do learn to drive, go abroad for the first time, move out. I'm still living like i was when i was 17.

My boss knows about my troubles with the bank and ive had to borrow money from family just to do my tickets he wanted me to do and expects me to do the same so i can drive for him wit out any pay increase from him.