Got myself a PTO chipper

njc110381

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well cheers for making a point of it, all of you. I wasn't 100% convinced myself but hearing others make a fuss too made me look at the situation even harder. I always search and find private info for sellers with no feedback and new accounts so I think I would have sussed it myself, but as I say hearing you say it made me look really hard.

Now I want to find the address in China and send them a wet doggy truffle via airmail!:laugh1:

This sounds exactly like my situation a few weeks ago, there was a peterson mill on ebay which I was interested in, I contacted the seller about it through email and after getting a response he said he'd give me it as a buy it now for £3k before auction ended, I was over the moon said id ring him for details but he emailed back saying he couldn't talk because he just had a throat operation and told me to pay for it immediately through PayPal I think, every email his English seemed more suspect so to make the story short I let it be but watched in horror to see someone put a final bid of over £6k. I really hope someone did not get caught

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Just had a text from the seller in perfect English saying I can pick it up if I like... Now I'm confused! I think I need to have a long chat with him to fish for info he's not likely to know if he doesn't know the job/machine?

I insisted on picking the peterson up and paying in cash but my guy was having none of it he wanted it paid for before I picked it up, I asked him could he put someone one the phone on his behalf but he got narky and accused me of implying he was a thief (which I think he was!) so I just cut ties because he didn't convince me. Man it's such a downer when you think you've got lucky, but like the saying goes - if it sounds too good to be true, well I think I'll let ye finish the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Just did a bit of fishing about and the seller details are registered from Liverpool. That's a hell of a drive to the yard in the morning! Also managed to pull a mobile number (myself, not from the seller) and when googled it shows up loads of chinese/wigglystuff writing and sites showing how to give a localised number from abroad. Unless Mull is abroad...:sneaky2:

Sod it! Not looking good. Mind you my money is still firmly planted in my wallet so it's not the end of the world. I will await a response and get someone to view it for me if it comes to it. I have friends up that way who can at least confirm it exists.

Where should I go from here? Report/question it with ebay and show them my findings?:confused1:

Ask to talk on phone, they usually reply with

I've had an operation and can't speech or

I've got throat cancer.

It's a scam, they have stolen the pic and only want to contact though email.

Price normally about 30/40% cheaper than normal.