Tracked Forwarder

I forgot to add versatility is the key to these, and Greg's just keeps finding more and more roles to play.

It has moved countless concrete pipes on the last project, besides us finding the bucket shells work very well for drainage stone, concrete etc.

Eddie.

597669c7b63ba_TDGB.jpg.0bb28bf0abdea8a92184de98b2bd5f9f.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after a few months in the workshop ..... here it is!!! Our purpose built forwarder - a Marooka MST 700 with 2 foot wide tracks and a Patou crane. Over the last few years my friend and I would be chasing timber only to be told, "It's yours when we can get it out, the grounds too wet."

And then we were offered some felling work locally where all the extraction routes were wet. So super dumper number two was born.

Looks excellent Rovers. A good size.

Good thing with them is they leave the rides in better condition than when you start. Flattens it out nicely.

See yours is badged as Komatsu?

Sadly I missed out on a 5 tonne yanmar last year, a friend offered it but the timing was wrong so he traded it back to cautrac.

Have you rattled over many stumps yet?!

Cheers, John.

I forgot to add versatility is the key to these, and Greg's just keeps finding more and more roles to play.

It has moved countless concrete pipes on the last project, besides us finding the bucket shells work very well for drainage stone, concrete etc.

Eddie.

Looks like you get involved with some good jobs there Eddie. Those clams fit in the log grab? You guys fashion them up? Cheers, John.

Looks like you get involved with some good jobs there Eddie. Those clams fit in the log grab? You guys fashion them up? Cheers, John.

Whatever pays the bills really, but the shells were bought to move Heather Brash on a restoration job which they did brilliantly.

Time was against us, so we upgraded the Farma grab to a larger version and purchased the shells with the grab.

They take seconds to fit or remove with just two bots holding them in, but power wise they're unbelievable and will get a full bucket every time in that 40mm clean stone.

We had a metre of concrete dropped last week by one of those volumetric mixers. I instructed the driver to simply drop it in the gateway and he looked puzzled, but his face when Greg came flying up with the Dumper, spun the seat around and grabbed the lot up without a shovelful left in the time he could stow his conveyor setup was a classic!

Eddie.

It does look a useful machine, I worked with a one of those mini forwarders once, name escapes me and that amazed me how much he got out! I have looked into dumper undercarriage prices, new rollers are 300 odd quid each. Quoted 40k plus for a dumper with 1.2 m tracks, basically they remove the undercarriage and start again.

I have been talking to ecotracks and end of this summer they are bringing out some wider bandtracks to 1.2 m exactly what we need.

As for some of the sites we do its cut peat areas with deep layers of spahgnum moss and bare peat, and peat is 90% water anyway so it is just water really! Big machinery does nt fare well usually and the diggers are always on bog mats.

I really believe there is a market for a commercially produced low ground pressure forwarder that doesn't cost 50 k plus. After using forwarders and small tracked machines I would never bother with tractors unless in bone dry conditions as the ones I ve worked with were stuck mostly on about to get stuck!

Looks excellent Rovers. A good size.

Good thing with them is they leave the rides in better condition than when you start. Flattens it out nicely.

See yours is badged as Komatsu?

Sadly I missed out on a 5 tonne yanmar last year, a friend offered it but the timing was wrong so he traded it back to cautrac.

Have you rattled over many stumps yet?!

Cheers, John.

Yes John, it is doing minimal damage to the rides and as you say it flattens some bits out. It is a Marooka dumper with a Komatsu engine. If your interested I can get the details of the guy we bought it from. He had them in all different sizes from one ton to about 16 ton and was better priced than Cautrac.

It hasn't been over any stumps yet as we've kept it to the rides for extraction of the timber we are winching down.

It does look a useful machine, I worked with a one of those mini forwarders once, name escapes me and that amazed me how much he got out! I have looked into dumper undercarriage prices, new rollers are 300 odd quid each. Quoted 40k plus for a dumper with 1.2 m tracks, basically they remove the undercarriage and start again.

I have been talking to ecotracks and end of this summer they are bringing out some wider bandtracks to 1.2 m exactly what we need.

As for some of the sites we do its cut peat areas with deep layers of spahgnum moss and bare peat, and peat is 90% water anyway so it is just water really! Big machinery does nt fare well usually and the diggers are always on bog mats.

I really believe there is a market for a commercially produced low ground pressure forwarder that doesn't cost 50 k plus. After using forwarders and small tracked machines I would never bother with tractors unless in bone dry conditions as the ones I ve worked with were stuck mostly on about to get stuck!

What model Tracked Dumper were you quoted at £300 each for Bottom Rollers?

We had quotes ranging up to £750 each for Mitsibushi LD400 or Kubota RG60, and eventually got them a touch under £700 each.

These could be sourced at £450 until recently, but it's almost a closed shop supplying them and prices are ridiculous.

Eddie.