looking for laburnum timber

se7enthdevil

hey jon, do you want to go around the country and collect the whole lot mate:lol:

I thought that was what I was doing now. :001_tt2: Got some more bits that may tickle your fancy: only got off the plane 4 hours ago so give me a day or two and I'll get you some pics.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve cant believe you didnt ask me? if you had a week ago,,you`d have had loads,,,Ive gone through my pile and reckon you`ll get a set from stuff I sorted out today,,,as made mushrooms from the rest,,,also got two lengths of 5.5 x5.5 beech for you,,what happened to lignum?

didn't occur to me mate. i thought you wanted to use what you showed me for your own personal use anyway.

if your passing i'll take the beech mate.

the lignum was a right cock up. the delivered it with a truck that had no tail lift or pallet truck and it weighs about 150kg.

the next week they did finally deliver it on a tail lift truck only for me to realise that it was way too big. 12 3/8" was what i was told i was to receive and i got one that is 15" in diameter.

it is to be replaced with one that is 12 3/4" which is what the customer needs. i'll let you know when i have it so we can sort out the milling.

• 2 weeks later...
cutting it in to two 4' lengths will be fine. i should be able to make a couple of nice bowl out of something that size too.

Hi Steve,

The main trunk of the tree where I felled it near the base had some rot through it. Some of the stems had rot but there is a fair bit of 4" - 10"

diameter stuff that seems good. Didn't get a chance to go through it all thoroughly cos of time.. I did take a couple of photos on my phone...

Below.. I could try ringing up the trunk a bit to see how far the rot goes. There is certainly a pallet full of good stuff anyway.

Thanks

TimonImageUploadedByArbtalk1407184914.386573.jpg.c5e2c8fe60a0f0e7827fe1bee6b38bcf.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1407186298.294252.jpg.72d6f81c05eaace30b67de583a95074a.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1407185348.156259.jpg.ff93590df185c1e34ec152ba673e27fa.jpg

cutting it in to two 4' lengths will be fine. i should be able to make a couple of nice bowl out of something that size too.

Hi Steve ,

Here's some pics....

I'm away after next week so if you want to sort the pallet out this week that will be cool.. Otherwise I'll be back mid September .

I've got pallets and shrink wrap etc and I think I've got some pva.ImageUploadedByArbtalk1407703054.268519.jpg.565a1f5aa6b5cb2dd147011e4e56949a.jpg

I'll PM you my number..

Timon

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1407702925.814513.jpg.270841720512b777720f2e33fb817ff7.jpg

• 6 months later...