Mini digger or compact loader

irish surgeon

Driving on lawns is no prob with mini loader. With turf tyres on i can carry wood all day across lawns, a day or two later you would not tell a loader had been on the grass.

mini digger would be better on some jobs naturally. Avant is better for my, mainly domestic work.

Which model is that Shillo?? I've got a 528 on demo at mo, pretty impressive what I've been able to do so far, more testing today, pics to follow!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1406185906.771810.jpg.3f0352da60721fe2ad00bc986bab942b.jpg

Ah but, Eddie!

The thread is MINI digger or compact loader! Unless there was some sort of photo-shop tomfoolery, I'd offer that what you're using in the pics has out grown the mini-digger label....?

No argument that a larger machine can handle the flow rate/pressure required of the flail / attachment, I'm not convinced a smaller machine has the kahoonas though!!

Banged to rights there!:biggrin:

She's a 'Midi' and a pretty big one at that!

I just posted up to show people an idea of why you may use an Excavator instead of a traditional tractor mounted setup, and the fact that sometimes not being able to track and flail is not a huge disadvantage if you play to your strengths.

I think these Avant's look a fantastic bit of kit and should travel light enough if used sensibly.

I wonder what the Residual value is like compared to say a 1.5 tonne excavator or even the skip loading dumper which are really handy tools, that have been converted nicely in some instances to mini loaders?

This is the tool that really caught my eye? Looks a really handy bit of kit and towable too?

Wacker Neuson doubles telehandler series | Construction News | The Construction Index

Eddie.

Took the trial / demo Avant out on this job this afternoon:

I guess if I'd been stacking or loading the timber it would have been useful but on this occasion it pretty much sat idle. Tried moving the brash with it but that wasn't too helpful really.

Theres a bit of a knack/skill to grabbing and moving brash with the muck grab efficiently, having it flat on the ground and driving in is useless. i find it best to boom out half way, grab open, tines pointing down between horizontal and vertical, almost scratching the floor, then as you drive side on into the branches you kind of roll them up, up with the boom a little, pointing the tines down as you drive until they're all the way back which is actually down and a little towards the undercarriage. then pretty much stop, push down with the boom to crunch things up and grab. maybe a little more of a brash roll up if you can.

If that pine stem on the deck was snedded out and not moved i reckon id have taken 2 grabs to get the main brash out, unsure on grabs on the timber, then boom out, tines down, and backed over the remaining mess to rake up the worst of the small stuff