Stihl MSA 160T.

j4ck

Nice review there :D Come on, what was the battery life like, how did it compare to a petrol saw, does it feel like it will do the job ? Enquiring minds need to know, spill the beans etc. It still reminds me of an electric bread knife.

Haha apologies, I was eating my brekkie. Naturally the saw is very light, battery life I've been told will do a day. I really liked it, I'd only use it for pruning but I'd be happy to go up a mature tree to carry out works within the canopy. Just be best to have spare battery. It was super strange though having no noise! But it definitely has enough power behind it to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yeah, i love mine. Had it now for a couple of months, used it for everything so far, and yes, your right, one 180 battery normally lasts a day, but i always have a 115 as a spare. But only had to change the battery once in middle of a day because i was doing a couple of takedowns with it...:blushing::biggrin: but it did it!

For normal pruning and deadwooding they are great. Especially as when you are climbing, you just pull the brake and its on :001_smile: no fumbling around trying to pull start it!

Just make sure the battery is properly clipped in, or someone gets a nasty bonk on the head:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Yeah, i love mine. Had it now for a couple of months, used it for everything so far, and yes, your right, one 180 battery normally lasts a day, but i always have a 115 as a spare. But only had to change the battery once in middle of a day because i was doing a couple of takedowns with it...:blushing::biggrin: but it did it!

For normal pruning and deadwooding they are great. Especially as when you are climbing, you just pull the brake and its on :001_smile: no fumbling around trying to pull start it!

Just make sure the battery is properly clipped in, or someone gets a nasty bonk on the head:biggrin:

Any comparisons with he Husky equivalent ? Heard the battery falls out of that one as well ....

Any comparisons with he Husky equivalent ? Heard the battery falls out of that one as well ....

Well, as of yet it hasnt fallen out, but once when my groundy was passing it up to me, it almost slid out as he hadnt clipped it in properly. But working with it, no issues.

Unfortunately, as I live in Germany, using the "Devils-Saw" husky would prompt a visit from some men in suits, with little "Stihl" badges on their lapels.... so havent a chance to use the husky.