renewed my lgv licence today

predator

Doing my final cpc soon and have found it an insultingly pathetic waste of time and money but unfortunately it has do be done ( wish UKIP had some say on this nonsense ) however today I have learned that the speed limit for lorries on unrestricted single carriageways is to be RAISED ! from the current 40 - 50 mph , no idea there has been any campaign on this issue and it seems all interested parties , including road safety campaigners think it is a good idea !

its not a waste of time and money your claiming your acquired rights as your already a driver poss of the same as me 30 years all your doing is claiming the modern version of the old grandfather rights i would also add i would rather find the moneys now than pay a fine and a day at court no truck etc

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you do not drive for hire or reward, Ie a private hgv, like a motorhome , or historic, or privately owned horsebox, you do not require a CPC, also testing a vehicle, or driving a fire engine, there are other exceptions, the usual with certain details, they are deliberatly vauge in an effort to confuse the user......DVLA and VOSA at there best

if you do not drive for hire or reward, Ie a private hgv, like a motorhome , or historic, or privately owned horsebox, you do not require a CPC, also testing a vehicle, or driving a fire engine, there are other exceptions, the usual with certain details, they are deliberatly vauge in an effort to confuse the user......DVLA and VOSA at there best

very true as a hgv fitter technician does not need one but one day you may be a driver down off sick etc and cant take his place because you dont have a cpc

very true as a hgv fitter technician does not need one but one day you may be a driver down off sick etc and cant take his place because you dont have a cpc

That's the reason I had thought not to do the cpc :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

well thats me done finished my fifth session cpc today thank god for that but had to be done etc

but still not been able to renew my class 1 hgv licence because of my depression meds have put a stop to it being processed me thinks but my doctor tells me he has,nt a problem me driving but has now changed my meds to hopefully get the driving standards agency to accept i,am safe to drive and not drowsy falling asleep at the wheel etc as of this moment my licence is revoked and lost my full entitlement to drive so gutted to say the least even though i have been issued with a new digi card etc wish me luck please

Did my final one today as well ....... There were 3 local HGV technicians from a local garage who only repair vehicles but collect and deliver vehicles from local companies and take to their own premises and to testing stations for MOT etc and it seems they have to do it so not sure why some of the above posters think it is not necessary , as I am sure they would not be doing it otherwise .