Methods and machinery to be used

Every stage repeated

Nothing left to chance

Tidy up and go home for tea

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

............ what do you see the role of a method statment for arb operations is????

discuss.....

kevin

A method statement is what it says on the tin, a statement of the way you are going to carry out the task.

Are you going to fell it in one?, dismantle with rope and harness?, use a MEWP?, will brash be chipper, burnt or carted away?, etc.

Normally a MS is required at the quoting stage, so it allows the client to better compare contractor quotes.

Contractor "A" may be cheaper, but he is going do it in a way that will take longer and cause some land damage. Where as contractor "B" is a little more expensive, but is going to get it done quicker with less potential damage.

It also means that if you have submitted a MS that states you are going to do the job a certain way, you should not then take short cuts.

aaahhh, site work, dont you just love it.

I personally dont do site work unless it's clearance and I'm the only one and first one on site, soon as I see heras fencing, portacabins and white hats, I run a mile :001_smile:

Completely know what you mean, dunno how many times I have priced sites up on the promise that we will be the first in only to find about 100 lads on site all getting in each others way and digging bloody great big holes in exactly the wrong place to help me out :mad1:

Saying that though have made a killing on quite a few in the past,the last good one I remember was just over £3000 for a day and a short morning with 3 men and all the chip/log stayed wherever we fired it :001_smile:

Got one to do next week, just hope they have sorted the access out for us :bored:

sort of like an exam question ???

well to a greater extent i think you are all correct.

if a risk assessment spots hazards, hazard events risks and identifies controls were does the method statment in the context of tree working fit in.

well for me it is taking the controlls identified in the risk assessment and putting the detail on them.

i like bobs list but it covers everything fron time and order to detail of how and wear, dependant on what a client whants

i hav been given many MS that are just a risk assessment they dont go further

cheers

kev