Arb Assoc - 'Affiliate Contractor' proposal

AA Teccie (Paul)

Interesting proposal Paul.

I do want to be AAAC one day and have recently moved in the right direction by getting some help in the office to try an organise my admin chaos.

If i already had all the above up to scratch i'd probably already be thinking of going for the assessment.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Hi Ed, good to hear, hope you're well.

yep, sounds good n many have the confidence to progress direct to assessment. However, some need more time n bit of help n guidance along the way, hence this proposal, a 'pathway.'

Lokk forward to receivin your application in the near future yeah? :thumbup:

cheers..

paul

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Any more news on this?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi Sam,

Nothing for definite yet but I do hope to get the proposal approved by the Association's Professional Committee on 3rd Sept., "fingers crossed," thereafter it will go to the next Board meeting to be ratified.

Hence I'll keep you posted as / when things progress.

Thanks for the post :thumbup1:

Paul

PS ARB Approved Contractor is always available don't forget!:biggrin:

My only concern is that this will stretch Arb Asoc to much! I do think it's a great idea though.

Thanks for your concerns here, and it is a very valid point.

However as the application / assessment will be 'desktop' we should be able to facilitate it. Obviously the more Affiliate Contractors, and indeed Approved Contractors, come on board the more justification there'll be for additional resourcing.

Cheers. :thumbup1:

Paul

Paul, the idea seems like a good one, as long as it's time-bound.

Incidentally, how did you come up with 'Affiliate'? It expresses to me a degree of legal attachment. Wouldn't 'Probationary' be better? And it has the advantage of having a different initial, too many AAACs will just lead to confusion and encourage abuse. Whatever word is chosen should convey to the public the sense of transition, trial and incompleteness.

Paul, the idea seems like a good one, as long as it's time-bound.

Incidentally, how did you come up with 'Affiliate'? It expresses to me a degree of legal attachment. Wouldn't 'Probationary' be better? And it has the advantage of having a different initial, too many AAACs will just lead to confusion and encourage abuse. Whatever word is chosen should convey to the public the sense of transition, trial and incompleteness.

Hi Jules, thanks for your post here and the comments.

The term 'Affiliate' has been hotly debated but seems to follow other organisations, particular under SSiP...but I do take on board your commnets (in partic the fact the initials will be the same...dependent how you use them, i.e. ARB Approved Contractor = ArbAC, and Affiliate Contractor Member = ACM??? :confused1:)

The time-bound issue is pertinent and the initial proposal is 2 years. This is mainly because a business has to have been trading for 2 years prior to presenting for assessment.

Thanks again and please let me have any further thoughts along the way :thumbup1:

Paul