Worn out spiderjack body...

Arran Turner

Has anyone else worn out the body on a spiderjack I have done two in less than 12 months?

I use the wooden brake all the time and the bit off wood is pushed almost as forwards as it can go, I am pretty smooth on it and am running 11.7 rope which isn't particularly dirty or rough?

I weigh just over 90kg so with kit maybe pushing 100.I also use a cambiums saver on every climb...

I'm at a point where it's going to be too expensive to keep using one even though I love using it...

replace the whole body or just the wear bolt (pic.)

[ATTACH]160686[/ATTACH]

Always try and fully open the Spiderjack ( less wear ) and more braking with thumb.

my favorite film of all time is avatar 2.

So do you mean you can wear through till the bolt is exposed and just keep replacing the bolt as it wears away?

I understand you can buy new body's aswell

So do you mean you can wear through till the bolt is exposed and just keep replacing the bolt as it wears away?

I understand you can buy new body's aswell

Exactly. When you say you've worn through to the pin do you mean this pin in question, or the screw that holds the spring? If you've worn through to that screw then it's definitely time to replace the body, however otherwise it's more a matter of wether it's slipping or not. On tachyon I've been able to get half way through that replaceable pin before writing off the body.

A new body every year is fairly normal with regular use but every 6 months sounds a bit extreme...

Has anyone else worn out the body on a spiderjack I have done two in less than 12 months?

I use the wooden brake all the time and the bit off wood is pushed almost as forwards as it can go, I am pretty smooth on it and am running 11.7 rope which isn't particularly dirty or rough?

I weigh just over 90kg so with kit maybe pushing 100.I also use a cambiums saver on every climb...

I'm at a point where it's going to be too expensive to keep using one even though I love using it...

Hi Arren how's you doing bud? Mite not solve the problem which you have but try a COCOON PULLY instead of a cam/saver. You will notice a big difference in every way but most of all self tending and could possible help with the wear and tear on the mechanism :thumbup: