Your competitors are your biggest critic

Andymacp

I agree with the comment about font/size/style/colour, I think that it should be 1 font, 3 sizes max and 2 colours, it lacks a little continuity, but it gets the message across. I also feel some of the pictures are obviously quite dated, although that shows you've been around for a while the newer photo's look obviously more professional to me.

I like it, quick scan through though, the over use of capital letters i find annoying. On the home page, between the trees, you have "Sectional Felling / Dangerous Limbs Removed / Crowns Lifted & Thinned...."

It might be correct to use capitals in titles i just think it looks wrong!

Then next to the picture you have a list of services, some of the 2nd words have capitalisation, some don't.

Then I guess forres is a place? in which case it needs a capital F.

I think your phone number should be split up, now its 01340810481, i think it should be 01340 810 481, make it easier to see the area code.

Firewood page, Morray needs a capital M.

I had to re-read this sentence a few times "2m3 which equates to 4 ton bags"

4x1 ton bags or a single 4 ton bag?

"David Wakekley Tree surgeons, Bankhead Cottage, Carron,Aberlour,Banfshire,AB387QP, Te..." add some spaces after some of the commas

I know its being picky, but small details matters

Edited by josharb87

"Pickup load of moisture tested firewood approx. 2m3 which equates to 4 ton bags"

Just be careful with this. We all know what it means, but you don't want to have an argument with somebody expecting 4 tonnes worth of logs (its not unreasonable for Mrs Miggins to expect a 1 ton bag to contain 1 ton of logs)

Also I'd seperate consultancy and surveys from callouts in the list - make them seperate entries.

Finally, look for a better picture for the logs page - the banner you have is extremely low resolution. perhaps try something like http://testvalleylogs.co.uk/img/banner1.jpg (just found on google images, crop as required, ask them for permission if you deem it necessary, but I doubt its original)

Otherwise, looks good! I like the gallery, makes you look pretty serious :)

Edited by martwizz

On the front page, Forres would warrant a capital F.

On your contact page your last name is Wakekley, on the other pages Wakeley.

The formatting of the prices on the firewood pages is confusing.

Some stuff about picture resolution as mentioned before....

P.S. I'm fairly certain it is compulsory for a business website to contain the address of that business.