What tablet?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an iPad already I love it but I'm going to need 3 for one for each team leader and they are going to go out in the vans everyday! So I don't want one of my staff breaking a 400 quid tablet!!!

Nexus 7 then. £179, fast, reliable and fairly tough compared to an individual. Plus at that price it's not the end of the world if it breaks!

Hi,

Been Mac based since about 2006, as an IT professional with about 30 years experience I would run a mile from Microsoft (anything) because its got over complex & seems full of vulnerabilities.

Theres a lot more to security than 'dont visit any dodgy web sites' & even the best anti virus can sometimes fail to provide protection. Its rather good that Sophos provide its AV free to Mac users, this may include iPad. Computer security comes in layers, so consider limiting scripts in your web browser & monitoring outgoing traffic as well.

The software to read & write to Excel & word format is either free via Open Office or the very reasonable Numbers & Pages works well.

You may find that through life, Mac is actually cheaper - I could have easily gone through three PC laptops in the time Ive owned mine.

N

I have a windows surface which is ok and cost £279. Pros - Ms office built in with word, excel, etc. It connect and stays logged into outlook so not logging in and out which I like, it has a proper USB port unlike iPad so you can connect a flash drive and a pay as you go WiFi dongle direct. Never tried the latter but I'm told it works. Cons- screen is a little over sensitive, the operating system wont run some programs including Norton.

You can also get a little keyboard to clip on and turn it into a laptop but don't but the official one as they are 80 - 100 quid. You can get a Bluetooth version from amazon for 30 quid.

My wife has the iPad which is a better machine but more expensive. Better security, no over sensitive screen, and you can get an app call quick office to convert Ms office files as well as a keyboard.

iPad mini. Don't need retina display, bit over £200. Spend £60-70 on a lifeproof case for them and you'll be laughing.

If you have an office 365 subscription (120 for 5 devices) you can get Microsoft office on all the iPads and an office computer/laptop and everything syncs, can put it all onto one drive and it's all online backed up as you save it.

Go apple mate, it just works. Everything else just works sometimes!! However the sony stuff looks interesting, waterproof/dustproof/robust, and supposedly the best camera ever.

OMG another taken in by the apple reliability gravytrain.......its only a samsung dressed up and overpriced........which wont run flash hahahaha

Hi,

Been Mac based since about 2006, as an IT professional with about 30 years experience I would run a mile from Microsoft (anything) because its got over complex & seems full of vulnerabilities.

Theres a lot more to security than 'dont visit any dodgy web sites' & even the best anti virus can sometimes fail to provide protection. Its rather good that Sophos provide its AV free to Mac users, this may include iPad. Computer security comes in layers, so consider limiting scripts in your web browser & monitoring outgoing traffic as well.

The software to read & write to Excel & word format is either free via Open Office or the very reasonable Numbers & Pages works well.

You may find that through life, Mac is actually cheaper - I could have easily gone through three PC laptops in the time Ive owned mine.

N

So finally somebody admits that apple are just as vulnerable as windows based machines to viruses........:sneaky2:

How do you work out that apple are cheaper? If you want a new hitachi CD drive for a mac (they arent made by apple, as are none of the other compponents BTW) you cant go into PC world and buy one and plug it in for tgens of £££s, you have to buy one that is still made by hitachi, usually identical to the PC ones, only you will have to pay (last time I heard £137) loads more because it is to be fitted to an apple product.

FFS this is the most ridiculous "fan-boy" driven nonsensical argument in years, driven by (mostly) people who have to justify the fact that the only real difference between mac and pc is that it comes in a fancy box and runs on a ripped off linux based system and has cost them a shed load of cash:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Its like dressing a landy up as a toyota and saying its far more reliable because it has a\ toyota badge lol