Importing Husqvarna T540 from USA???

James Atkinson

Was that covered under warranty??

I don't know to be honest . its in the shop now . Thing is it will happen again with out a design change . My mate was up aloft cutting . he pulled the saw up to cut again and it was like that . Nothing hit it . just the force of letting it drop on a standard length tool strop .

as other posts its a grey import so not covered under uk warrenty. so if it goes wrong dealer well within there rights to charge you for fixing it.

for the cost i doubt there is much in it may save a few quid but could cost you a lot more in the long run. what if it gets damaged in transit then what do you do have to send it back to have it replaced so without a saw for months. as other post not worth it. not as if its is a a special that only the states have. see what one of the arb firms who advertise on this site can do you one for. bet its nearly the same may be cheaper.

What Are you guys doing with your saws I've had my 540 since September and it's never broken its a great saw. I have not had any issues with it & I am a heavy handed as well!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hats off to you bud ! Hope it stays that way . Had mine since it was first available and here we are today . Its a great saw when everything is in place but sadly not robust enough

I did not want them to be . I am a huskey man mostly but they missed a trick here . Saw cuts fast with plenty of torque , way better than the early 201 saws but it the interest of shaving a gram here and shaving a gram there they have made it too fragile . Check all the other threads on it .

Lowest common denominator engineering, just like everything else about today, over complicated and piss poor under engineered crap. It has to be robust enough to be fit for use

Doesn`t matter what I want I nearly always go for older stuff, bullet proof, well looked after with low hours. Slightly off thread, sorry.cheers:laugh1: