Have you ever?

Mesterh

Have you ever priced a job up, not won the job but drove past after it hasnt been carried out by someone else and thought "Pahh what a bit of butchery that is. I think I will have to speak to the client and tell them how bad it is!"?

Now I dont bother usually since I

1 CBA

2 Think that if the customer is happy looking at that rubbish then so be it.

BUT.

I priced a job up awhile ago, bit of crown lifting over footpath, road etc, and most important dead wood removal for public safety.

Job has been half carried out, well I say half but well looks like someone has hacked trees to bits with a bow saw and havent removed the major deadwood.

So do I not give a fook and say nothing or should I inform the client that the work has been carried out to a very poor standard plus the dead limbs havent been removed therefore defeating the object of carrying out any work whatsoever.

As I said I would never normally bother but only think it may be worth it in the case due to public health and safety etc.

What would you do?

job near me the other day, i priced it and was told it was dear as it involved traffic management to do it safely as it was on a major A road. a week or so later on bank holiday monday about half 6 in morning i hear chainsaws, look out the window and see transit vans parked across the road and lots of shouting and a load of blokes hacking the tree to bits, huge bark tears, stubs left..............looks a right mess

I do sometimes get the urge to knock on doors every now and again, two trees on a road i drive quite often have been ruined by what you described, but tbh i reckon it would reflect quite badly on me, it may seem like occupational rivalry or one-upmanship, so i don't. I was asked to somment on a wall a customer had had built by someone else which was awful, and when i gave my opinion (i won an award for my work once btw) they wee quite offended i think, as they thought their wall was very nice and had spent good money. So i don't think it is worth getting too stressed really mate.:001_smile:

are they worried about you not getting the job or anything else about you. no, so why use your energy bothering about them. :001_smile:

Thats it your right mate I am going to go over there and burn there trees down to teach em a lesson :001_tongue:

Jk I know your right its not worth being bothered about just pisses me off sometimes thats all, seeing wasted money by people who dont know any better. :sad: