Kernmaster

Colour does affect how the rope performs. I found the green tachyon waaay more stretchier than the black white n green tachyon. And yellow Arbormaster is a lot softer than blue Arbormaster.

the green black white tach was made by teufelberger and new england did the other three before they merged or did what ever they did for the euro market so that will have something to do with it , i haven't climbed on arbomaster myself

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you reckon Kev?!!! Totally biased towards the explore/ safari colour- it's trippy:)

Totally serious Oldmill, the dye makes a big difference.

How does it though?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

What do you reckon Kev?!!! Totally biased towards the explore/ safari colour- it's trippy:)

Totally serious Oldmill, the dye makes a big difference.

Surely the dye can't make a difference. It must be made from a different material that has different characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

all ropes dyes affect the material at a molecular level. a good example is speed skiers, red suits have a better airflow because of the red pigment as its like a golf ball and disturbs the air. I cant explain in detail a i dont have th details, ive just climbed on alot of the ropes and found green to bouncy. black n white seems very hardwearing, yellow is very soft. Apart from that, i can help no more!

So all we have to do is make a rope which is green,black, white and yellow so that it is dynamic, hardwearing and soft on the hands?!

Surely the colour of the rope and the percieved characteristics are coincidental or is there really some science behind this?

all ropes dyes affect the material at a molecular level. a good example is speed skiers, red suits have a better airflow because of the red pigment as its like a golf ball and disturbs the air. I cant explain in detail a i dont have th details, ive just climbed on alot of the ropes and found green to bouncy. black n white seems very hardwearing, yellow is very soft. Apart from that, i can help no more!

Ah yes, now you mention that I can think of many other applications in other sports.

Thank.