Isuzu D-max towing

JimE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My defender has a train of 7000kg, im not trying to start a landrover isuzu argument as i currently have 1 of each, (trooper, not pick up though), if i was picking which one to tow a trailer it would depend,:

Up to a couple of tonne i would probably use the trooper for its greater manouvering ability and speed on the way home if you have dropped off the trailer, over a couple of tonne i would take the defender regardless of miles(and im talking hundreds) due to its greater weight, longer wheelbase and the fact you can shunt in low box without risking a blown up transmision.(plus it looks amazing with a big trailer:))

Imterestingly a local hay dealer/farmer has just traded in his d3 for a d max,

which he has had chipped straight away.

well thats his warranty out of the window ,

I think in some ways the manufacturers have trained us to buy the bling. I bought a 3 year old basic white vito mint condition 70k on the clock £7000.

The 20 other vitos were duo liners metallic with air con and flash wheels 5 years old over 100k miles looked very tired and 15k.

If you get a demo of a double cab Hilux its always the hair dresser model for 28k + vat Thats nearly 30k for a truck with pram springs.

If you hunt round you can find a new hilux double cab new for 17k

We are trying out a Demo Yukon over the weekend. Just took it around the local lanes with approximately 600 kg in the back and 2500 kg on the hitch. No problem with power but in high range box it was very uncomfortable with it as my wife describes it "porpoising" with it sort of pitching front to back. Went into low range and all was fine. Don't really understand why as it seemed to have plenty of grunt in high :confused1:

Frankly a bit disappointed as our old Defender 200TDI would pull the same load appreciable more smoothly just not as quickly or quietly.

DSC02640.jpg.77ab7ae3d651d5100f83340547fc7fb8.jpg

We are trying out a Demo Yukon over the weekend. Just took it around the local lanes with approximately 600 kg in the back and 2500 kg on the hitch. No problem with power but in high range box it was very uncomfortable with it as my wife describes it "porpoising" with it sort of pitching front to back. Went into low range and all was fine. Don't really understand why as it seemed to have plenty of grunt in high :confused1:

Frankly a bit disappointed as our old Defender 200TDI would pull the same load appreciable more smoothly just not as quickly or quietly.

When you are in low, is the centre diff locked aswell?