best biners for a zip line?

I don't know about royalty....just another defector. The ground man is a kiwi, strong as an ox. He mainly just pulling the line tight by hand and then putting a wrap on the hook to hold it there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically, I zip/sky lined today for the first time, it's a great technique, and one I picked up from a different Reg video (Cheers Reg). From today I;d say the more krabs/slings the better.

One thought though, rather than slings, how about retired prussik loops? I have plenty of these kicking about?!

I use a load of varying sized slings, some old carabiners, connected to a rigging plate then a pulley of any sort (twin pulley or HC normally). for spruce/fir/pine with whorls of branches its good to have 2 sets of a system.

tag lines are good for cord or if you need to slow stuff down

Now when you say hook.................? sorry to be a pain:blushing:

Yeah its just a 3 ton hook to lock the line at the landing. You can use whatever you want but thats what we use because its quick and easy. Just dont go for a huge top when you get to that point, and avoid falling it directly on the line.

597669945edc8_DSC03213-Copy.jpg.4a58a59188d9ed04de8a6ab7622172f3.jpg

Now when you say hook.................? sorry to be a pain:blushing:

A f8 does a good job as a lock off at the ground.

I use about 8 Lyon tape slings and fall arrest steel screw gate biners. Cheap and tough.

I find a haul back system to be a pain in most situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

A f8 does a good job as a lock off at the ground.

I use about 8 Lyon tape slings and fall arrest steel screw gate biners. Cheap and tough.

I find a haul back system to be a pain in most situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Agreed but in certain circumstances you can run the tail through a pulley and hang a log on the end to act as a brake and haul the carriage back up for you:thumbup1: