Most efficient way to process ARB waste?

arboriculturist

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recon it is enough quicker to be worth it, wasn't much more money, just takes a bit of time to get used to judging where to put on different size logs.

Put it this way it stays on nearly all the time now, only thing to watch is it can sometimes chuck the two quarters nearest you into your stomach, but you soon learn when this is likely to happen

I certainly think it's worth it

Sent from my D5503 using Arbtalk mobile app

Valuable feedback - thanks

Split the big rings into 10" rough blocks on the splitter, put the blocks into the processor to be split into firewood size logs and use the conveyor put them into a bag.

Otherwise go slowly and patiently at them all with a big splitter.

AT LAST! - This is what we do, but wanted to hear it from someone else without a nudge!

Bits off rough blocks are generally log size, so bag/crate up, blocks split 4 or 6 way depending the log size required.

By the way appreciate your view on 2 or 4 way knife on Log splitter:thumbup:

AT LAST! - This is what we do, but wanted to hear it from someone else without a nudge!

Bits off rough blocks are generally log size, so bag/crate up, blocks split 4 or 6 way depending the log size required.

By the way appreciate your view on 2 or 4 way knife on Log splitter:thumbup:

Sam above is sold on 4 way - all the time

Sam above is sold on 4 way - all the time

For splitting arb waste I tend to use the single blade for larger rings as the cycle speed becomes quite slow on the 4 way blade if your trying to split anything that is knotty, and wobbly grained.

For the processor I would definately have a 4 way or 6 way on there.

Cheers Sam

For splitting arb waste I tend to use the single blade for larger rings as the cycle speed becomes quite slow on the 4 way blade if your trying to split anything that is knotty, and wobbly grained.

For the processor I would definately have a 4 way or 6 way on there.

Cheers Sam

They know a thing or 2 about firewood production in South Wales! - Thanks Sam

Hoping someone on the forum knows far more than I do on the most efficient way to process ARB waste!

With mountains of huge diameter rings that wont go through the processor looking for options here.

Deal with it as you go on a daily basis , when the knarly horrid and oversized stuff turns up sort it straight away. We fell foul of this just stick it on the pile approach a few years ago and two guys spent a month clearing it up. Not to mention the loss of yard space. I know a few round here that just keep stacking it and they are in one hell of a mess.

Bob

And remember if your processor has a large splitting bay (I know you can split up to 75cm in some processors) you can chuck in 3 25cm logs for extra efficiency :biggrin:

Agreed, we fill it right up, so 1 ram cycle does 3/4 rings.

Just going to put up a new Thread on splitter cycle times and safety features. You feedback most welcome.