How do you mark your stuff?

Triassic

Just looked at SmartWater website - £132 per yr to protect business assets including mowers & saws is a bargain in my eyes

That's the route I've gone down after been wiped out recently.... always think of these things after the event Doh!!!!!

I would not mention how and where anything is marked on a public forum. Try the members only forum. At least you may have a little more reassurance that another member instead of a theif is gathering intel for his next collection of inventory.

easy-lift guy

Even that doesn't protect, how many members does this site have? It's only a small percentage that regularly post. How many 'watchers' are there? It would be impossible for Steve to do a background check on everyone before allowing membership

Thing is; Where does this stolen stuff go? I know one or two folk who've lost considerable amounts of equipment in similar circumstances to the posts above. This equipment has never been seen or heard of again. !!!

codlasher

Into a container, on a ship and out of the country.

Into a container, on a ship and out of the country.

My daughter has been working in OZ for a while now and she sometimes sends pieces of art to us. On each and every occasion this has happened we have been caught with a customs demand nearer to the £100 mark than less! They are HOT, HOT, HOT with things coming into the country but always seem to 'be on tea break' when the containers go out full of HOT stuff.......:thumbdown:

codlasher

• 4 weeks later...

After having had some tools stolen (from a locked site box on a 24 hour guarded site) the police helpfully lent us a UV marker pen to mark our gear.. unless they look for the smart water your not going to see it again.... UV pen may well be a good idea as atleast they may look for the marks.

IF you have gear in sheds/containers one thign that can work Instant protection I think now you can have the smoke tagged like smart water.