What is your single most beneficial exercise for Arb work.

coolie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously though i cant see why any one in there right minds needs to do exercise in this job,if your a good climber your miles ahead of the game you can get the job done way quicker all the tree dropped in to neat little piles and if your groundy is not quick enough you can have some cardio work out dragging as much as humanly possible to the chipper....if you need to work out to be quicker or better you aint doing the job right in the first place,failing that all the muscles you need in the right places will come in time when you do....any one i have worked with that has had to go down the gym has been usually to usless for a decent days work!

Practising climbing foot locking ect well thats probaly the best work out you can get imo, but then dont over do it!

I find muay thai does it for me... cardio, power, strength and coordination.

but then again I have also been punched on the shnecker a few times, so might not be everyones cup of tea.

:001_tongue:

Might I add though I have been doing this for a long while so it is not strictly an exercise I do for arb work.

I reckon the best exercise for arb work is .... tree climbing, dragging huge bundles of brash and humping logs. :001_tongue:

Edited by Rich Rule

Attitude is what makes the biggest difference IMO

I have never worked out at a gym

work harder and you will get fitter

true..but work harder you can also become weaker with out the right amount of rest and nutrition.

Its a science like olympic sports...don't over do it..and do only exercises that are of value..e.g buttflexing or doing some sort of rear delt definition training won't make you and athelete.

I found that as I became more experienced I was working less and less when climbing. That and the fact that dismantles that used to take a day of solid climbing now take 2 hours! Some of these newfangled gadgets really do save you time!

Now do a couple of sessions a week. Core exercises are weighted dips and chins. Without the 30kg round your waist you feel you are flying!

I think it varies depending on your climbing style. When I used to pull my bodyweight up using my biceps I didn't have any energy left to train!

Good comment by Matty about practising footlocking. Need to nail that little sucker to add to the armoury.