New truck input

Hodge

Well as most of you will know I have a Land Rover 130 chip truck, great vehicle but looking to get away from 4wd. Seen a few Dyna and cab stars out there what are they like? Fuel? Tax? Insurance? Payload and towing? Any input would be appreciated.

Hodge

Well as most of you will know I have a Land Rover 130 chip truck, great vehicle but looking to get away from 4wd. Seen a few Dyna and cab stars out there what are they like? Fuel? Tax? Insurance? Payload and towing? Any input would be appreciated.

Hodge

what weight are you planning onn towing ,

Just my chipper Jonny, Timberwolf 150 VTR on an ifor gx84.

Hodge

thatl be under 2t then.iv just got a sprinter, had it remapped & a helper spring fitted, not too wide either ,bit longer than a tranny etc,but better built & good to drive .the 2,pics show it loaded & unloaded,with the helper spring that was fitted after thses pics were taken ,it sits like is unloaded,will get a pics of it loaded wi spring fitted tmro

got some m&s tyres fitted ,good traction no getting stuck on the chip pile

5976697c60a15_Picture1226.jpg.724e2379af101b5f672d19f6f93b10ab.jpg

5976697c5e2fb_Picture1218.jpg.b4f8c19226c1f55ba0e4ea130a6d76a3.jpg

5976697c5c26f_Picture1216.jpg.be35315fb33eb24c8050da8c35af26e0.jpg

Edited by Johny Walker

I've had a Dyna for 10 years /135k miles and it has had a HARD life. Seems to like it though - it keeps on trucking! It is better at towing than any land rover I've driven (though isn't legally allowed to tow as much). It has a steel tool box behind the cab and a 5 m3 body, up rated springs and big mud terrain tyres. Before now it has weighed 5.5 tonnes on a weigh bridge but looked and drove fine (obviously not on public roads). You wouldn't believe the steering lock, it can get into really tight spaces easily, and the mud terrains improved its cross country ability. It obviously won't go where a 4x4 will but it gets a lot further than similarly shod ivecos. However, I doubt I'd buy another one largely because the cab is tiny. The Nissan and Mitsubishi equivalents have full width cabs and look a much better option IMO. Also, Toyota reliability isn't what everyone makes out and parts are expensive (with little after market alternative choice). I have had problems with just about everything electrical - windows, heater blower, EDU (me neither, but it cost a grand!), and the fuel pump packed up out of warranty which was another grand! Whole life costs have been good though - clutches are a cheap job as there isn't much labour involved, and the major mechanicals are all solid hard wearing items. Drive one and see what you think - it is a very different animal to the Landy.

Hodge

HI HODGE are you then selling your LR130 cab stars no good in mud ok on road thanks jon :thumbup: