Father's Day

Paulfreebury

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And you still can't appreciate fathers day, it's not about the cards and commercial crap that too many people rap it up in, it's about family and just remembering what that really means. I'd rather just spend the day with my 2 lobbing rocks in the river and have a nice time than receive a crappy card that has little meaning in the long term or get given something they have made even if it's just some random bits of paper stuck together, it's seeing the joy the kids get from doing something special for you.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

In a perfect world yes , but some people don't get to see there kids on fathers day and it's not through the want of trying.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Arbtalk mobile app

In a perfect world yes , but some people don't get to see there kids on fathers day and it's not through the want of trying.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Arbtalk mobile app

That's a sad situation for anyone, I have been there too, for a couple of years, then I got it sorted out. parents that deprive their ex from seeing the kids, anytime, are bang out of order if it is for personal reasons.

Please don't lecture me about what it is!! I appreciate it very much thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It's not a lecture at all and I'm very sorry you feel that way. I did not intend too course any agro in a thred that was ment to be positive just expressing the way I see it and that it means a lot too me having children and i make the most of these days knowing my boy has a life threatening genetic conditions andprobably won't outlive me so the little things that might not mean a lot too some mean a lot to me

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

I'm happy that you are mate! I'm sorry, you are sorry! I feel for your circumstances mate it must be hard!. Voicing opinions is what makes us different, be it for good or evil! I spent 10 years of farther's days birthdays Christmas's going without seeing giving or receiving anything, only to know that some other guy was! How happy he must of felt! I had that stripped from me not through death or illness neither was it through not trying!! I my kids are alive and well and my heart goes out there to all farthers and mothers alike that can't be with there children on days like today, or like yourself's you live each day like it's there last!

I will never look at major calendar events in the way I did growing up, not even with my 2 youngest of 4 and 1!! But that doesn't mean I'm a heartless git and not try to make a day for them!! Because I make it special what ever day it is! But my inner voice is strong and I can't help how I feel deep down.. Hope you've all had a lovely day dads :) I know I have :)

That's harsh on you Adam, & must hurt bad. My situation is so very different, I'm a step dad, since 'my' daughter was 2, the natural father just turned his back on his child & his front at the pub door, I have tried gently for 17 years to help him see his daughter, & he just resents me with a vengence, gets drunk every day & contributes nothing at all in any area to child, just cries in his beer, no contact at all. Takes all sorts, & I think from my perspective, the child is better off for having me around. Taking on someone else's kids is not always an easy path, & takes a certain type to do it right.:001_smile:

The lad had done a great job with them mate, we've never seen eye to eye but I won't take nothing away from him.. But unfortunately the mother played every part in me not seeing them! And even now I see them every other weekend I still get stabbed in the back!! Changing weekends saying the kids ain't coming!! What scares me most is what she's telling them!! I take my hat off to any man raising another's children!! You truly are men :)

I had similar backstabbing from the mother of my stepdaughter Adam,(sounds a bit complex)! hurt like hell, couldn't see her for two years, as I say it's sorted now on seeing her, (she is 19 now so makes her own way), but it used to boil my P!22 some of the things she was told to try & alienate me. Thing is, now she is her own woman, she sees it for what it was, & i get no discredit from the wife's poison.