AA ISA TCIA members

Lee Winger

i'm a member of the AA as it only cost me £7 at the trade fair this year, and i have already saved that on kit due to the discount you get from it. also i find the journal an interesting read to dip in and out of.i will probably renew my membership again next year as i find the discounts benefit me so much :001_smile:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Member of the AA at the moment. I will rejoin the ISA next year as it is my re certification year.

I have been disappointed with the benefits of being a member of both.

AA come across as very professional, but they tend to let them selves down as they do not meet the standards that they require of others in their approved schemes.

ISA have a great model but service is sporadic and the web site is not touched from one year to the next.

ISA Member here.... Worldwide and UK&I chapter.

IMO i don't think the ISA have as much of a political agenda that the AA do.... the ISA tends to be more focused on learning and knowledge progression, rather than enforcing hoop jumping.

The books are good..... even though most of them are USA sourced, considering that the size of the org is on a global scale rather just UK based, they're a better indication and guide as to what the rest of the world is doing.

Discounts scheme is good also...... my personal favourite being, Cotswold Camping

:thumbup:

ICF and might have to re-join the AA after letting lapse for 5+ years due to lack of any useful output from them and totally outrageous workshop prices- some councils around here insisting of professional AA membership to write reports, for some reason, so may have to reluctantly rejoin.

I've found the UK ISA fairly hopeless from an administrative point of view. I joined this year after a few years away and won't be renewing next year. They seem very poorly organised and come across as very unprofessional compared to the main organisation. Most of the output has a strong US bias and the stuff that's produced for UK consumption is pretty light considering the cost of membership IMO.

I guess it depends what you want to get out of an organisation, and whether it's going to help you get work, or broaden your knowledge.