Damage to cambium saver

Phil_climber

Hi all,

Picked up a lockjack from the arbshow and took it for a spin yesterday, thought id buy a new cambium saver whilst I was at it.

It's the stein alloy ring one, the exact one I've previously used.

Anyway first time testing the Lj, nothing too crazy, and the two alloy rings seem to have friction damage?

This seems a bit premature and weak?

I'm guessing it's still safe to use as there are no cracks.

Cheers, Phil

image.jpg.e1233ada685853a553abc5cce8699e93.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

since cam savers were arround varying makes have done this, it seems to be 2 causes, some like the Komet always prone to the rings rubbing together and taking the damage on that face, others like mt Multi saver, where the rope runs. too have the Stign saver and the anodosing gone on it. Just monitor it.

Just another note the ring damage will be accelerated by using the lock jack, simple Physics, conservation of energy/1st Law Thermodynamics, all the energy caused by climbing needs to go somewhere and the less friction at your hitch ie now loc-jac very little friction, the more will go elswear eg the camsaver/rope interface. hell fire my science teacher was right, it does come in handy through life...

the rule of thumb for wear on metal items is 10% just minitor it