Unimog 1250AG red or white fuel.

TIMON

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must admit I have been tempted to run it on cherry and plead ignorance....if........we got dipped.

But decided some time ago that I wanted to live in the light and run the business that way as well.

Done enough shady stuff in the past and never prospered through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

aspenarb, I think if you do your research, the unimog IS allowed on the motorways, along with fastracs and trantors, the agricultural machines refered to are tractors, and any ag machine restricted to 20mph and as for the contractor being forced to change his vehicles, he actually fell foul of construction and use with his fastracts.......hydraulic steering sytems......20mph limit again. You need to remember the unimog is built to comply with TUV regulations, and as such is more than compliant to anything our muppets can throw about. as you say, there are no grey areas, its all in black and white, correct, all you need to do is find the appropriate legislation, print it out, keep it in the cab, and when you get hassled by a a stroppy plod, or VOSA official, present them with it, and tell them that they can only enforce what is actually written , not what they want to make up, and demand to see a senior officer. there are too many wannabe clever tw*ts in office, the rules apply to them as well as everyone else, learn what is applicable to you and dont try to be clever about what you can or cant do, for every dozen muppets in enforcement, theres always one who does actually know and understand the RTA and C & U rules

aspenarb, I think if you do your research, the unimog IS allowed on the motorways, along with fastracs and trantors, the agricultural machines refered to are tractors, and any ag machine restricted to 20mph and as for the contractor being forced to change his vehicles, he actually fell foul of construction and use with his fastracts.......hydraulic steering sytems......20mph limit again. You need to remember the unimog is built to comply with TUV regulations, and as such is more than compliant to anything our muppets can throw about. as you say, there are no grey areas, its all in black and white, correct, all you need to do is find the appropriate legislation, print it out, keep it in the cab, and when you get hassled by a a stroppy plod, or VOSA official, present them with it, and tell them that they can only enforce what is actually written , not what they want to make up, and demand to see a senior officer. there are too many wannabe clever tw*ts in office, the rules apply to them as well as everyone else, learn what is applicable to you and dont try to be clever about what you can or cant do, for every dozen muppets in enforcement, theres always one who does actually know and understand the RTA and C & U rules

I know these threads go around in circles on this but as you stated a mog is allowed on the motorway but only if it is registered PLG or goods. By taxing it as an ag vehicle you are running red diesel, paying no road tax and not having to plate it or run on an operators license. I run mogs and there is no way will I go on the motorways round here after the last runnings we had with VOSA . As I put on a previous post it was only because of a timed out court case that we were not fined for numerous offences including the drivers license not covering him for that weight of vehicle.They are a bit more on it in these parts which is why you will not see any ag vehicles including mogs on the motorways. You cant have your cake and eat it.

Bob

Bob, VOSA is now a self financing body, and as such, they WILL try and bully, and twist the rules, but they need to remember, they DO NOT make the rules, and must comply with what is actually written down, not there interpretations of them, check into the road traffic act, you will find that as long as your vehicle is capable of maintaining a speed over the minimum posted, is insured and complies with the relevant taxation class for which it is registered, its allowed on the motorway (colour of fuel is irelevant)

to many folk seem scared of VOSA, all you have to remember is that they are public servants, and as such YOU are there boss, never let them forget it, even by threatining legal action against named individuals if required