Random Acts of Kindness

Gardenmac

A couple of months ago I was on my way home from work when I came across a fallen tree blocking the road. I got out and walked up to the house to ask if they knew. The old boy told me he'd wondered why people had been turning round in his drive all day. This was mid afternoon and no one had thought to tell him. As he was well over retirement age I said I had saws I the truck and I'd cut it up if he would clear it. It only took 10 minutes and he was very pleased. While doing so, a lady pulled up and swore at us thinking we'd blocked the road intentionally.

A few days later I was walking the dog round a local broad to find an old man who had rolled his mobility scooter off the raised path and down a 6 ft bank into a field. I picked him up and turned the scooter over for him, and set off to get him out. Unfortunately, the gate was locked so I had to push the scooter back up the newly dug bank, took everything I had to get it up there. He refused a lift home or to a doctor and set off on a 6 mile trip home, with bits of bodywork hanging off the scooter

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Arbtalk mobile app

i reckon i know him

did he cackle with laughter?

if so did he say his name?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish to say a public thank you to one of your (arbtalk) members. I was distraught when our horsebox was robbed, mostly because we lost our parents old spokeshaves, chisels and drawknives (as well as our mower, brushcutter, axes and woodburning stove!). However, a forum member (whose name is not a million miles from England's favourite flower) offered us a brushcutter which needs a bit of remedial work but should go. As we are completely unable to manage our wood without tools, this is a lifesaver - especially so since we had to spend every last bit of cash on massive, fortress-style reinforcements. I flailed around with my Austrian scythe - mysteriously not been nicked - but the grass looked more flattened than cut despite going at it like a full-on Zumba workshop (I am blaming the grass) - I 'cut' about a quarter of the clearing and my arms were dropping off), So yep, there are amazing acts of kindness to be found on this very forum.....Not to mention the brilliant advice and suggestions.

Never be afraid to name a member who has done you a favour; we're all attention whores on here. :lol:

i reckon i know him

did he cackle with laughter?

if so did he say his name?

Rumpelstiltskin ? An old bloke broke down on his chariot outside our house so I offered to take him and his scooter back home in our car. I nearly bust my hernia getting it in, they weigh a ton.

My wife and I have just come back from Greece where we were flagged down on the road by a couple in their late 20s with a babe in arms and a kid about 5. They were Belgian and it transpires that they had been for a walk along a valley and couldn't find the car park where they had left their car.... It took us about half an hour to find it going along the most horrendous donkey tracks masquerading as roads but we got them sorted in the end. To say they were grateful is an understatement.