damn damn damn!!!

jamsterraskal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your boss tells you to do something that's pushing the boundaries of safety, and you get injured, you are required to report it to the HSE. Before I get slated - if its not reported and the boss continues with this practice - who's fault is the next accident and the next after that? The first rule of health and safety is look after yourself first, dont expect someone else to do it!

You could have a look at this information Make arrangements for first aid, accidents and ill health and see if your boss was compliant regarding the accident - which should be reported in any case.

Also this next link provides a good overview of employers liabilities in situations like this Employer's responsibilities: Workers' health and safety . Note the final paragraph with instructions on how to complain to the HSE

Ill await all the comments saying you cant risk your job by complaining, or that this is only a small/self-employed company/less then 5 people etc etc - but to me that doesn't matter (remember the first rule of H&S).

If your boss is prepared to ask you to inadvertently get injured, then they should be prepared for some consequences when it goes wrong, and in fact, I personally wouldn't want to work for them in any case...

Thanks for your comment Stephen. This was also posted by the author of the thread:

Already documented it and got pics....tbh if your boss

Pushes you to do something dodge....throw the bloody

Hedgetrimmers at him

I take its meaning to indicate that there was some request by the authors boss to do something 'dodge' - verb used is 'pushed' in fact.

So, yes I believe I am on track for this thread.

My post count has slowed down by about 90% since becoming a mod! I think that was Steves plan!:001_rolleyes:

Get well soon to the OP , :thumbup1:hedge cutters are nasty!:thumbdown:

I always tell folk to throw it well away or stick it into whatever your falling onto if you take a wobble, it's usually on steps or balancing ladders against a big wobbly privette!