O noes - robbed

campanula

apols first coz I only post on here to scrabble for advice ........but our horsebox was burgled (burglarised?) in our woods in Norfolk. The robbing swine nicked our tools, including ancient and irreplaceable woodwork tools belonging to dad as well as my sons beloved Swedish axes, really great saws, our mower, strimmer.....and our woodburning stove! Almost went home...but that would be backing down and giving up....and our little bit of woodland (5 sweet acres in Postwick, Norfolk ) would be.....different.

Anyway, we didn't coz things are just things, the woods are still here.....except we now have no tools to manage them.

Anyway, I have to replace the strimmer because I can, at a stretch, cut the grass with one, as well as the brambles (I did about half an acre with my Austrian scythe until my arms felt like they were falling off!) so what would you suggest. The lightest, but pokiest strimmer/brushcutter for less than £400. Ideas?

And where best to look for (cheap) second hand stuff - it took me half a year to save for the woodburner so we are mightily pissed and the grass is growing like turbo-charged bamboo. I can see the clearing and the rides we hacked out of the brambles vanishing back into jungle.....sigh.

Bad luck - sadly it seems to happen to most of us at some point.

You could stick a 'wanted' ad on Arbtrader. I also tend to use Ebay and Gumtree - your protection rights with the former are pretty solid but not with the latter so caveat emptor. Preloved is also OK. Keep an eye out for local car boot sales too as they are a good source of cheap hand tools.

I suggest buying a mulching brushcutting blade for the strimmer - fairly cheap and will let you keep rides down when they are more heavily overgrown.

There's a chap in eBay based in Haverfordwest who does second hand council kit for decent price - I've used him before and not had a problem.

At the moment there's a Kawasaki brushcutter on there, I've done more brush cutting than most and rate Kawasaki higher than stihl or husky.

Hope this helps!

Don't know how to do a link on my phone but item number is

There's a chap in eBay based in Haverfordwest who does second hand council kit for decent price - I've used him before and not had a problem.

At the moment there's a Kawasaki brushcutter on there, I've done more brush cutting than most and rate Kawasaki higher than stihl or husky.

Hope this helps!

Don't know how to do a link on my phone but item number is

harrythecat178 :001_smile:

Thinking about it, I do have an old 30cc Kawasaki in the shed I'm never going to use - it doesn't go at the moment, but if you're fairly handy it might be persuaded to!

Its yours if you want it, don't want anything for it just postage. Or if anyone from Norfolk is going to arb show and doesn't mind bringing it back, even better!

Thinking about it, I do have an old 30cc Kawasaki in the shed I'm never going to use - it doesn't go at the moment, but if you're fairly handy it might be persuaded to!

Its yours if you want it, don't want anything for it just postage. Or if anyone from Norfolk is going to arb show and doesn't mind bringing it back, even better!

Top Man!!:thumbup1: