Stihl msa160t

Stihlben

Having used this saw every day for the past week I am very impressed with its performance, no vibrations / noise or exhaust fumes.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1402033295.319168.jpg.36e5a810cdd824412955c0e7f9b6872e.jpg

Benefits of which could include being able to start work a little earlier in the mornings / weekends without disturbing anyone.

Battery life is very good, far better than I'd expected.

I would recommend this saw to anyone.

That's interesting Stihlben, I wonder how it compares with the husky version, I had one of those on trial last year, it was a good saw, but felt nose heavy & the bar too 'bull nosed' for me, this saw looks smaller. So couple of questions, is the battery well fastened & fastener out the way from potential damage? Does the saw feel natural to use regarding balance etc?

Thanks for your time.

I find it very well balanced as the battery is placed quite well back, so if anything, maybe even be a bit "rear-heavy" but i dont personally notice it.

Also, so far i have had no problems with the battery falling out. Did half expect something like that when being thrown about in the tree when climbing, but all was good. Nothings broken after a good month or two of use. Just make sure the battery is proper clipped in, or your groundsman might be needing a new hat....:biggrin:

• 3 years later...

just got an MSA160T and first thing I wondered was is it usable if there is a rain shower? I thought Stihl would have put a rubber seal around the top of the battery compartment. In the manual it says don't charge a damp battery, let it dry. but nothing about cutting with it when its raining. will the water get in and short something out or have they designed it to allow use in the rain?