Anyone recommend a decent cordless nailer?

s.varty

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the pasload im350 framing gun and it is a decent piece of kit. Yes you need gas as well but it is supplied with the nails which are very expensive. The gas doesnt work very well in winter so you have to keep the gas warm. If possible i would try an air nailer, see if you can cope with the air lines and compressor, the nails are also a lot cheaper. Basically for site work i use the pasload, for workshop i believe the air nailer is best.

Have an IM350 Paslode and can't fault it. Yes it uses gas too but there are cheaper sources of gas available than mainstream dealers (which work fine). Only issue i had was due to gas which had gone off due to age as i hadn't used the gun for a while.

Heard great things about the DeWalt from other contractors though who would always pick that up before the Paslode.

Regards,

Steve.

Even at screwfix prices it works out at less than 2p per nail including the gas.

On a 20m section of 6ft feather edge fence with each lath nailed 6 times you are looking at just under £20 in nails/gas. Hardly kills the job even using the official paslode nails. I can easily do 1000 nails on a single battery.

An air nailer would be good (cheaper) but then you need a portable compressor and access to electric to run the compressor then the damned thing is on a hose all day. I don't see the advantage over a paslode other than saving maybe a penny a nail (50p a meter on a 6ft fence).

You could save money on buying a paslode copy but then we don't all run Ryobi chainsaws for reason.

Even at screwfix prices it works out at less than 2p per nail including the gas.

On a 20m section of 6ft feather edge fence with each lath nailed 6 times you are looking at just under £20 in nails/gas. Hardly kills the job even using the official paslode nails. I can easily do 1000 nails on a single battery.

An air nailer would be good (cheaper) but then you need a portable compressor and access to electric to run the compressor then the damned thing is on a hose all day. I don't see the advantage over a paslode other than saving maybe a penny a nail (50p a meter on a 6ft fence).

You could save money on buying a paslode copy but then we don't all run Ryobi chainsaws for reason.

I couldn't a agree more I have the IM350+ which has fired over 25,000 nails in the past two years and I still haven't had it serviced. Worth every penny to a point where I don't keep any mandraulic nails anymore, just a selection box of different sizes for every job.

I couldn't a agree more I have the IM350+ which has fired over 25,000 nails in the past two years and I still haven't had it serviced. Worth every penny to a point where I don't keep any mandraulic nails anymore, just a selection box of different sizes for every job.

expect a breakdown very soon. a nailgun should be well serviced otherwise you put unnecessary strain on working parts- i learnt the hard way

Air nailer setup works for me, plus I can run an impact wrench off it to do timberlock screws with.

A 6l compressor and hose is tiny, the hose is not really any worse than an electric cable.

Horse for courses though, all my stuff is back garden work with access to electric.

For me it much depends, I have a Hitachi first fix nailer a d a bostich 16g pin gun. They both get used but not loads and loads. If I had bought paslode for both it would of cost me an awful lot more. I service these my self every couple of months and I've never had problems with them. If you do a direct comparison from the paslode to the Hitachi, build quality is very similar, they weigh pretty much the same they have the same fire rate and use the same gas/nails. Hitachi Imo make quality tools. If you compare a pro saw to a ryobi the same can't be said. If I was fencing regularly and the tools were likely to earn me money i think I would still take the Hitachi as personally I can't see much difference.

Maybe a few years down the line I'll regret buying tools for less than half the price of the paslode, but at the moment I'm very happy with the Hitachi and the bostich. I can replace both with brand new and still be in pocket.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app