nissan navara worst in crash tests

predator

EVEN MORE CONFUSED NOW LOL

if i was standing still and you drove at me at 50 you would hit me at 50 etc but if i drove at you at 50 and you drive at me at 50 would equal ??? a very fast closing speed of what then i,am not the sharpest knife in the drawer i know lol but still confused now

or is it x twice the kinetic energy of one moving vehicle= double ? .Either way you would be twice as flat i would think

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clap your hands together at half the speed you can do so, they exert an equal amount of force on each other.

Now if your thinking was correct, clapping one hand against the wall with twice the speed would result in the same impact on the hand. Have a go, bash that wall at double speed then see what hurts more...:001_smile:

There is statistic something like

Being hit by a mini doing 150mph is same energy as being hit by fully laded artic doing 3 mph

Which would you choose...

Its really about how much energy passes into your body....

So a large bullet moving slowly = small bulet moving fast

Hoe tat akes sense

Mythbusters have done an experiment about car crashes and impact forces with cars hitting a wall at 50 and 100mph. Then two more cars when they crashed them into each other at 50mph

Sent from my C6603 using Arbtalk mobile app

EVEN MORE CONFUSED NOW LOL

if i was standing still and you drove at me at 50 you would hit me at 50 etc but if i drove at you at 50 and you drive at me at 50 would equal ??? a very fast closing speed of what then i,am not the sharpest knife in the drawer i know lol but still confused now

It does sound unlikely but it's true.

Imagine two identical cars travelling towards each other and hitting head on. Both cars will crush identically and equally and each will absorb exactly half the energy of the accident. In fact the result will be exactly the same as if the two cars hit opposite sides of an indestructable wall at exactly the same time.

Mythbusters have done an experiment about car crashes and impact forces with cars hitting a wall at 50 and 100mph. Then two more cars when they crashed them into each other at 50mph

Sent from my C6603 using Arbtalk mobile app

RIGHT ITS SUNK IN NOW :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Perhaps I misjudged Nissan then: it could be that they've been chasing your vehicle since the fix became available but the previous owner(s) didn't get it done.

Sorted now though.

My thought when you said yours was done so long ago. Did you get new wheels?