The UK Forestry Demo 15/16 May 2014

Yve_Clark

It's a lot like the farming shows where it's a lot about just seeing and talking to people. It was a good show and the ground was good for a demo I think, the tiger cats had some big timber to fell on their block but it was actually their contract so really it was just another day for them. There was a lot of new harvester heads to watch though and some of the improvements are pretty amazing.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a very good show with one or two new developments. Ponsse really seem to be upping their game, not necessarily just with the Scorpion, but the power in the other heads on the machines is incredible. A big disappointment is that after all the hype about them, Deere didnt have the 8 wheeler IT4 working. Komatsu C144 head is a good new development with more stem to roller contact giving a more positive feed.

Yve, do you do replacement plastic covers for the grab bars on the fuel tanks which can be fitted without gassing off one end of the grab bar and welding it back on again?

some excellent machinery on show, the new tracked tigercat looks the biz, just to many folk biased to wheeled machines, some nice stands of timber felled, just hope its not all going to feed the biomass at lockerbie

Glad everyone enjoyed it, nice weather for it and midges havenae really started yet.

I mind sitting on the oppisate side of that valley watching 2 tigercats romp throu the wood oppisate(probably a job just south of the exhibition site) we were over below where the windmills are now. Operator i was cuting for had a medium sized Valmet harvester and was getting sevre tangs of jealosy

Surprised u got some good timber the oppisate side of valley is poor and further east into the tweed vally pretty poor too

The harvester heads have came on massively in 8 odd year hardy need a cutter now, lot less boundry brash and missed rows/ditches done now.

Sorry not to have replied to some of your posts until now - it was an absolutely brilliant demo for us and it's taken until now to recover!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks to everyone who came along and so pleased that you enjoyed it. I'll contact those with questions directly by pm.

You can view some photos of the demo on our Facebook page here:

Wm Clark Facebook

Cheers, Yvonne :001_smile:

Sorry not to have replied to some of your posts until now - it was an absolutely brilliant demo for us and it's taken until now to recover!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks to everyone who came along and so pleased that you enjoyed it. I'll contact those with questions directly by pm.

You can view some photos of the demo on our Facebook page here:

Wm Clark Facebook

Cheers, Yvonne :001_smile:

Best photos I've seen. Thanks :thumbup: