Thank god season started been going nonstop for weeks

Alegretreeservice

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can u tell if I'm being professional or not , took a bunch of action shots. 2 sec clips

And when you see me running I just got done craning the pine over to another tree ,it was on a porta wrap . I was running over so I could let the rope run and lower it where I was.

If I'm not professional and start being professional maybe this year I'll bring more than $600,000$ that's what I did last year

Have liability, workmans comp, all my teeth ,office , secratery , 80% of work is commercial contract for housing community's . Cleanups spotless . No damage or injury.

Started this business 5 yrs from scratch. Chainsaw and climbing gear. Never took loan and now own bucket, grapple, & chip truck, bobcat, top of line gear and my house I live in ,All paid off and bought from this business cash.

Moved to jersey 6 yrs ago . Worked for a tree company for a season saved 10,000 grand bought chip truck and chipper and it took off from there

So I would think at least my customers think I'm professional .Thats all that really matters to me , they give $$

That saw falling into the distance looks really professional.

Making money doesn't make you professional. There are plenty of others out there that could buy and sell your outfit and work to the highest standards without making "yee Haaa" vanity project videos of their antics for the internet.

That saw falling into the distance looks really professional.

Making money doesn't make you professional. There are plenty of others out there that could buy and sell your outfit and work to the highest standards without making "Yee Haaa" vanity project videos of their antics for the internet.

+1 (from a non professional) the 'Yee Haa' style, lack of PPE & dropped saw amongst other things also gave me cause for concern.

One thing for sure, they wouldnt happen if it were my business.

N

The videos show you in a bad light, you should take note of the comments because if they were promoting your company in a good way and the standard of work you produce was good and safe the comments would be different.

You look like you need to go back to the beginning with climbing and your cuts. It sounds like you were taught by the wrong company in the first place which is where most of your bad habits will come from.

You take too many risks, cutting big branches, using the wrong cuts, which is why your saw gets pinched and you drop it!

if you were a better climber and arborist you would and could dismantle most of those trees in smaller more manageable sections, which in turn shows you have a better ability.

This will also reflect on the way others see how you are working and promote a safer working attitude.

You will also have more respect for the job you are doing.

Smashing down big trees and earning top money isn't the be all and end all. doing a job in the right way and teaching others the right techniques to pass on to the next generation is more rewarding and professional than what is depicted in your videos.

Remember every day you learn something, and fair play to you for starting from scratch, sounds like your doing well but sometimes everyone needs pointing in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

And if it did you wouldn't put it on the internet:laugh1:

Hi, agreed,

But anyone running a safety course could use it to see how many issues the students could spot before & after their training.

N

How can u tell if I'm being professional or not , took a bunch of action shots. 2 sec clips

And when you see me running I just got done craning the pine over to another tree ,it was on a porta wrap . I was running over so I could let the rope run and lower it where I was.

If I'm not professional and start being professional maybe this year I'll bring more than $600,000$ that's what I did last year

Have liability, workmans comp, all my teeth ,office , secratery , 80% of work is commercial contract for housing community's . Cleanups spotless . No damage or injury.

Started this business 5 yrs from scratch. Chainsaw and climbing gear. Never took loan and now own bucket, grapple, & chip truck, bobcat, top of line gear and my house I live in ,All paid off and bought from this business cash.

Moved to jersey 6 yrs ago . Worked for a tree company for a season saved 10,000 grand bought chip truck and chipper and it took off from there

So I would think at least my customers think I'm professional .Thats all that really matters to me , they give $$

sorry but .

its a very good job you make so much "money" as you must need to buy new saws after every tree. :thumbup1:

coming on a site like this top heavy with professional arborists and largeing it with unprofessional videos is madness. your claim of your turn over a year is amazing to say the least i would imagine its that high because of the lack of investment in ppe and professional staff you have working for you personal. i think $600,000 is just a dream over a 5 year period from scratch but please feel free to educate us on how this is done because i for would love to see the error in my ways. :thumbup:

honestly take on board what these guys are saying you could draw from a pool of excellent knowledge with guys who would take the time out help you but if you cant even get the basics right your setting your self up for a big fall.

Be safe :thumbup: