Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Hi Ginja, I could'nt have put it better, not sure about 'tarts corner'!, several family on the forum, and they might be shocked! I dont care who I talk to, anyone who loves working with trees must be ok as far as I'm concerned. Worked with some great men, but hardly come accross any women climbers and groundsmen, is that why there dont seem to be many using the forum? Dont think of myself as any different on a 'work' basis, to anyone else, but aware that most guys have not worked with women in forestry or Aboriculture, and may be wary, ( my husband says I am quite scary when throwing timber about!)

Edited by StephF
Spelling

A quick hello from me :ciao:

I'm just starting out in arb following an out career change from being a property / land lawyer. I know it may seem a strange change, but in fact I'm really just going back to do what I always really wanted to do. Getting out of the office is the best thing I've ever done :001_smile:

I'm getting through my tickets (hopefully) in the next few months so you can probably expect lots of stupid questions from this end!

Hello all, joined a couple of months ago so time to say hi. I have been working in tree surgery for 15 years and spent a year or two working in the woods on peace work before that. I have been self employed for 17 years and love it. I started stump grinding in 2005 with a Rayco 1625 & now i have carlton 7015trx (still got my Rayco for smaller jobs) I cover Leicesterhire, Rutland & South Lincs, but will travel if the price is right. I'm loving Arbtalk it gets a bit addictive though. Cheers for now Trigger..

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum - thought I'd say hello. I'm just starting out properly in the arb world really, I've already learned so much from this forum (over the past 2 days!) and I'm quite addicted..... sad??

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help people give. Great forum.

Adam

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum - thought I'd say hi. I'm just starting out in the tree business, I've already learned so much from this forum (reading around the forum for a month now!)

Expanding a little from paving haha.

Thanks, Raymond.

Hi, thought id best say hello and merry xmas to all.

Me: Ive been Landscaping for 5 years self employed after various career choices / blunders!

i did my CS30/31 around 15months ago after been asked to fell small trees on various Garden projects.

Over the last year ive been getting more eager to get in the trees, and whenever i booked a tree job in i ended up bringing it forward as i was desperate to do it.

Ive recently done my cs38/39 and will be doing cs32 next, then onto cs40/41

I love the learning part of it all and the feeling of a job done well, rather than winging it (unsafely!)

I'm open to advice, tips etc plus do & donts on equipment purchasing as its so expensive.

cheers all

Ric

oh and if anyone lives or works around south yorkshire and could do with cheapish labour on tree jobs id be glad to help and gain experience