Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Hi All, Thanks for having me.

My name is James and I am a freelance arborist, environmental/ecological contractor and environmental scientist based in the Bristol/Southwest. I can help advise on protected species habitat mitigation (bats, GCN, otters and badgers etc), general habitat management and creation.

Here is my web address: Green Space Environmental - Home

I look forward to conversing with you all and maybe even working with you someday!

hi every one, I'm new on this site. I've hade my own company for 4 or 5 years with out too much success any one got any ideas to get more successful, would gearing up and offering off road work be a good idea, has any one got any thoughts?

Are you having to turn off road work away, because you can't do it??

IME, getting equipment does not produce work, it only enables you to do work.

I've alway got the work first, struggled with existing kit, so up graded.

For example, if your running a transit, doing 7 days a week and always full, then getting 7.5 toner and getting the same amount of work done in 5 days would make sense, IMO.

hi every one, I'm new on this site. I've hade my own company for 4 or 5 years with out too much success any one got any ideas to get more successful, would gearing up and offering off road work be a good idea, has any one got any thoughts?

Hi Wes, if you are not having much success after 5 years then ask yourself why? What do you class as being successful? Are you making money, earning a wage or scratching a living? Who are your competitors and are they successfully running their business?

Hey, I'm Jeremy,

I'm interested in arboriculture and woodland management as I intend to own a woodland in the not-too-distance future, mainly for timber-framing. Mainly interested in identifying health and skills of control, such as hedgelaying and pleaching. My parents had an oak tree fall on their land so my dad and I have been at it with a chainsaw and I've got to say its been a most satisfying experiences so far! However, I would like to learn proper chainsaw handling and safety too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm Wes, currently studying at Myerscough College on the FdSc Arboriculture degree :) Loving it so far as we approach the end of the 1st year, and discovering a strong preference to the Dendrology and surveying work, something I'm hoping to be able to gain some work experience in.

It's all completely new as a subject and industry for me, having done a days work experience with the local Tree Officer.

Hoping to gain some good advice through here, possibly some contacts and just enjoy the community :thumbup:

CS30/31 obtained, rest to go when the projects for the degree let up!