Reasons why you love working for yourself

simonm

Delegation and time management is what you need :001_smile:

One wise person once said to me:

'Finding time to work on your business is as important as time spent working within your business.'

I know many who work within but not many who have learnt to work on.

Just a few ramblings :001_smile:

Oh don't worry James, I know everything there is to know about delegation and time management.

My wife manages to spend all her time delegating everything in my direction!

:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't worry James, I know everything there is to know about delegation and time management.

My wife manages to spend all her time delegating everything in my direction!

:lol::lol::lol:

Was it you selling the second hand Encyclopedia Britannica ??:biggrin:

Wake up at 6.30, get kid one, age twelve up by 7.00 to be on the bus to school in town at 7.30. relax and have second cup of tea and think about getting the six year old up to speed for the day and off to school just around the corner by 9.00 and my third cup of tea. fit in a day of fun up trees with various implements of destruction then meet the mums collecting their kids at three . Kid time for the rest of the day interrupted by the odd phone call sorting work related stuff. Burn tea (when the steam turns to smoke, it's about cooked) more kid time, homework reading and listening to reading then pack them off to bed. own time . Some days I just have to slap myself to make sure its all really happening this way. Being self employed means that when the kids mum had to go back to Manchester to ailing parents, my work was fluid enough to cope with ease.

If its snowing or worse I can chuck another log (perk of the job) on the fire and do paper stuff or make lots of cups of tea until its time to do the school thing again. It has to be the best of all options. Just don't tell everyone , they will all be at it and we'll have to do something else and you can bet quids it won't be this good.

Wake up at 6.30, get kid one, age twelve up by 7.00 to be on the bus to school in town at 7.30. relax and have second cup of tea and think about getting the six year old up to speed for the day and off to school just around the corner by 9.00 and my third cup of tea. fit in a day of fun up trees with various implements of destruction then meet the mums collecting their kids at three . Kid time for the rest of the day interrupted by the odd phone call sorting work related stuff. Burn tea (when the steam turns to smoke, it's about cooked) more kid time, homework reading and listening to reading then pack them off to bed. own time . Some days I just have to slap myself to make sure its all really happening this way. Being self employed means that when the kids mum had to go back to Manchester to ailing parents, my work was fluid enough to cope with ease.

If its snowing or worse I can chuck another log (perk of the job) on the fire and do paper stuff or make lots of cups of tea until its time to do the school thing again. It has to be the best of all options. Just don't tell everyone , they will all be at it and we'll have to do something else and you can bet quids it won't be this good.

Happy days :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds bliss.

Either you are fibbing lol or you are the lucky ones who got the balance right. I've heard so many stories of people working all hours and burning themselves out

I do similar but a couple of days a week the kids go to breakfast and after school club so I can put a proper day in on the trees. I just can't do enough to justify a days wage between 9 and 3, some jobs take longer and having the afterschool club means I am not tied to exactly 3.15 to pick them up.

I packed in a shift managers job on a chemical works on really good money to play with trees so I could have the necessary time with the kids.

I enjoy most aspects of my role. I think being able to do all the mundane and sometimes crappy jobs without whinging enables one to delegate more effectively. We have systems that are managed by others within the organisation so I only have a light touch on them.

As a director, I'm not technically self-employed, though I own the company. As I develop as a leader my strategic role develops and I move into different aspects of business management. I really enjoy helping my team to develop and grow as we grow, both operationally and strategically.

I have a supportive team at home and a supportive team at work. This enables me to deliver for both.