Injured whilst shopping

Dean Lofthouse

I have had a day off today, so our lass decided to con me into going to the supermarket shopping. The last time she got me shopping was 21 years ago.

About three or four weeks ago I was suffering badly from the tennis elbow jobby, really badly, so much so I couldn't even pick my nose.

Anyway it calmed down and for the last week I haven't had any problems till today. Blumming ek, all I did was carry three bags of shopping to the car and it's caused it to flair up again.

So thats it, no more shopping, I'm done with it. I told our lass straight, no way am I going again.

I bought her a landcruiser to fit all the shopping in and fathered two daughters to help her shop and carry it to the car.

She's on her own next time!! :mad1:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I guess you'll be about Seventy Two, when you next give your Lass a hand with the chores, right?

Errm 66 david .... :sneaky2:

Butch, I'll get surfing right away mate..

Johnny, absolutely no chance whatsoever of our lass reading this post, the problem with women is god gave them the ultimate weapon in argument settlement techniques... nookie denial..

My problem is I now live in a house with three women that have hormone inbalances at different times, so I live with constant snappiness, bad temper and mood swings and you lot wonder why I'm on arbtalk so much

Tennis elbow is a bugger mate. I got it really bad- a bit like you by the sound of it- to the point that i couldnt even bend my fingers. My physio and one who keeps her horse here both told me to rest for six weeks which was obviously not an option, and i kept taking painkillers and ended up i had to take time off. Get a strap around your forearm- Vulcan brand ones witha stiff plastic band built into them are very good, and wear it all the time you are using that arm. It makes the forearm muscles contract latitudinally, along the length of your arm as opposed to laterally- swelling the forearm as it were, hence almost pushing the muscle back onto the point where it joins the radius bone. Its probably worth seeeing a doc or physio to get a really good arm support. :001_smile:

But then i may be telling you stuff you already know!:blushing:

But then i may be telling you stuff you already know!:blushing:

Not at all Tommer, I am presuming it is tennis elbow it hurts really bad when you put your arm straight out, palm down and lift your hand straight up, I;ve no idea what causes it or how to remedie it so any suggestion is welcome

Errm 66 david .... :sneaky2:

Butch, I'll get surfing right away mate..

Johnny, absolutely no chance whatsoever of our lass reading this post, the problem with women is god gave them the ultimate weapon in argument settlement techniques... nookie denial..

My problem is I now live in a house with three women that have hormone inbalances at different times, so I live with constant snappiness, bad temper and mood swings and you lot wonder why I'm on arbtalk so much

i,m lucky got my boy now to back me up ,but still got 3, snapping females in the house nickers & shoes every where :001_tongue:

if when you have your arm as you described Does it hurt like hell on the outside of your tricep at the level of your lbow, and does it hurt when you are gripping a saw etc? That sounds like tennis elbow. It is caused by the tendon that attaches the muscle in your forearm- which controls your hand- becoming minutely torn from the bone. Every time it is exposed to stress- gripping the saw, using a hammer- the muscle is torn a tiny bit more from the bone. There is an excersise you can do by crossing your arms, whilst they are straight out in front of you, and put your palms together linking fingers- its a bit of a twist, and clenching your fingers. Do it a few times and re-cross your arms the other one on top and do it again.:001_smile:

Doctor Tommer.:001_tongue:

Its not so much that we wonder WHY you are on Arbtalk so much, just a question of HOW?:confused1: