How far will you travel to work?

Aicchalmers

I was working for a utilities outfit a few months ago and we had to travel everyday from Exeter to the Reading area to do tree work along canals, i was up at 4.30am, got collected at 6am and got home about 6/7pm. On a few accassions we had to drive to fecking Dudley (near Brum). Too much mileage for me as we were wedged into small vans or over cramped pickups. They were too tight to pay for B&B and reckoned they'd rather we drove back to Devon every day, they only paid time and no time and a half despite the long hours so i jacked it in fairly swiftly. Now i work for myself i'm willing to travel 90 mins each way if the money is good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.