Bob Crow.

eggsarascal

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am aware of the previous absolutly gross inefficiencies of our Housing Executive.

Who through direct labour were costing 2 or 3 times as much to build a house or dwelling from scratch, compared to the much maligned private sector.

I understand their in-house repair and maintenance costs were even more askew.

Plus currently here in Northern Ireland, the precieved shortage of "Council" houses is, in large, generated through benefit fraud.

Dysfunctional benefit claiming families, claim to fall out with each other, and unable to live under the same roof.

Our generous non questioning benefits system then supplies each of them with a seperate dwelling, rent-free (or rents paid through their benefits), which properties either lie empty, or are privately sub-let.

Absolute fact.

regards,

Marcus

Housing Association houses or council housing is not subsidised by the taxpayer. All the loans taken out , normally over a 60 year period are paid back through the rents. The councils aren't allowed to cross subsidise public housing through other revenue streams. Thatcher stopped all that many years ago in the 1989 Housing Act which also allowed you to buy your council house. The revenues from which went back to the government instead of to the council which would have allowed them to build more houses - and that's when council house waiting lists exploded overnight! But don't get me started......

Incorrect, Housing associations get part of £1bn private rent fund | News | Inside Housing

Apparently your wrong

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Apparently not :001_smile:

The death of Tony Benn was a bigger loss IMO.

True, I much preferred him, but be was born to privilege and despite his best effort he never escaped the bubble he was born into.

Did you see the interview with Ali G????

Hilarious, but really showed his ignorance of the real world.

The death of Tony Benn was a bigger loss IMO.

He wanted to nationalise oil companies in 1970's

Norway did, result is norway richest country ( per capita ) in the world.....

About time we put extra tax ( increased vat to 30%?) on amazon, starbucks, google who are exporting our money.....through dodgy accounting practices

Lets keep our money in Britain.....

True, I much preferred him, but be was born to privilege and despite his best effort he never escaped the bubble he was born into.

Did you see the interview with Ali G????

Hilarious, but really showed his ignorance of the real world.

Might be a bit harsh there, IMO he was fully aware of the real world but had a set of ideals which were never going to fit in it ( sadly some might say). He was a man if strong convictions, moral duty and charisma, something lacking in politics today ( just look at Michael gove!).

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

There would be no need for the likes of Bob Crow if we all played fair.....unfortunately big companies don't play fair.

I worked for a big company a few years ago, they shafted us beyond believe. Divide and conquer was their attitude. They sought to pick a different dept at a time, the rest left safe, then moved on to the next bit, with out a union to ensure your colleagues look after each other's and their own interests, rights, safety, and the pressure the union places on a company, we would be a lot worse off.

The company needed to save money,reduce costs, this seemed to be right at the time, the country was in recession so we all need to pull our belts in.....this however did not follow through to the board of directors bonuses for pushing through such "improvements".

It was only the front line staff that had to take the hit.

You know those lads that answer the phone 24/7 when they are on call, to keep YOU the general public on supply when a water main fails or getting a pumping station up and running so ya can flush ya bog!

Yes we were paid well'ish to do the stand by and call outs, that's why we signed up to do the job.

Then our terms and conditions changed to the tune of losing 10k a year by setting us on a shift pattern. Some one said beggars couldn't be choosers, well this beggar chose to not be made a fool of.

Mrs egg works there and still has a job she loves, that pays a reasonable living wage, but the men that stayed are dejected and some wish they had gone when I did.

No one else in the company was charged with reducing the wages bill but this group of lads. One of mrs eggs team walked out of the briefing room saying "what was that all about it does'nt even affect us..." Not a thought for my lass who was facing losing half her house hold income.

That's who Unions try to help but too many like that girl think of them selves and only them selves.

There would be no need for the likes of Bob Crow if we all played fair.....unfortunately big companies don't play fair.

I worked for a big company a few years ago, they shafted us beyond believe. Divide and conquer was their attitude. They sought to pick a different dept at a time, the rest left safe, then moved on to the next bit, with out a union to ensure your colleagues look after each other's and their own interests, rights, safety, and the pressure the union places on a company, we would be a lot worse off.

The company needed to save money,reduce costs, this seemed to be right at the time, the country was in recession so we all need to pull our belts in.....this however did not follow through to the board of directors bonuses for pushing through such "improvements".

It was only the front line staff that had to take the hit.

You know those lads that answer the phone 24/7 when they are on call, to keep YOU the general public on supply when a water main fails or getting a pumping station up and running so ya can flush ya bog!

Yes we were paid well'ish to do the stand by and call outs, that's why we signed up to do the job.

Then our terms and conditions changed to the tune of losing 10k a year by setting us on a shift pattern. Some one said beggars couldn't be choosers, well this beggar chose to not be made a fool of.

Mrs egg works there and still has a job she loves, that pays a reasonable living wage, but the men that stayed are dejected and some wish they had gone when I did.

No one else in the company was charged with reducing the wages bill but this group of lads. One of mrs eggs team walked out of the briefing room saying "what was that all about it does'nt even affect us..." Not a thought for my lass who was facing losing half her house hold income.

That's who Unions try to help but too many like that girl think of them selves and only them selves.

Your right Egg, people seem quite happy to see other people get shafted by big business, but if you try and stand up for your and others rights your a leftie throwback, our society now has changed out of all recognition, people are more concerned about the Kardashians than the people going to food banks in their towns

I however CAN see both sides, when is it "right" for a joiner on ill-thought so-called "bonuses" to earn about £120,000.00 per year, a few years ago too, under Glasgie Council.

My main gripe with Unions, Teachers Union especially, is the absolutly wrongheaded protection of the appallingly poor/inefficient/dysfunctional staff.

And ill-deserved "perks"

Brother! such workers do not exist.

like feck

we have all met them.

There a disproportinate number in any Government run Department, due to spineless managers and the hand-wringing Human Resources departments.

On the other hand I was appalled to hear a "time and motion" consultant baldly state "sack and replace them" when I queried his 100% performance, 100% of the time, regardless of weather.

In respect of refuse collect.

Same guy refused to accept that the weather played a part in grass cutting operations.

So, there is a middle ground.

It would be easier to pay the good workers well, if they did not have to carry the useless shirkers, and YES, they do exist.

regards,

marcus

Edited by difflock