Iveco Daily 35c11 uprated front suspension

Al Cormack

Hi all,

Has anyone uprated their front suspension on a 35c11 Daily?

Mr Burch, the previous owner, uprated the rear so truck sits high at the back and low at the front.

I went down a pothole earlier and fubared the near side shock absorber!

Fitted a new pair but the near side is still nearly 2 inches lower than the offside?

Any ideas?

Cheers...Al

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Has anyone uprated their front suspension on a 35c11 Daily?

Mr Burch, the previous owner, uprated the rear so truck sits high at the back and low at the front.

I went down a pothole earlier and fubared the near side shock absorber!

Fitted a new pair but the near side is still nearly 2 inches lower than the offside?

Any ideas?

Cheers...Al

sounds like you broke the spring,not sure about uprating thr fronts ,

sounds like you broke the spring,not sure about uprating thr fronts ,

I didn't realise there was a spring between the two front suspensions until earlier, so will check this out in the morning. Seeing if Midland Springs do a heavy duty version.

I know what you mean my daily has got uprated rear springs and the front dose catch on the odd speed bump. To the point were we have had to relocate the diesel tank to be mounted to the rear chassis. The only thing that I did was uprate the front tyres too a stronger wall i.e Mercedes sprinter tyres. and found this has made a great difference.

I didn't realise there was a spring between the two front suspensions until earlier, so will check this out in the morning. Seeing if Midland Springs do a heavy duty version.

wich daily is it, some have a spring that goes from the ns to the of side later 1, use torsion bars that go under each side of the cab ,if its snapped the £200+

ant a real **** to fit

wich daily is it, some have a spring that goes from the ns to the of side later 1, use torsion bars that go under each side of the cab ,if its snapped the £200+

ant a real **** to fit

Hi Johny,

It is a 2002 35c11. I haven't seen any torsion bars when I was doing the shocks earlier.

I know what you mean my daily has got uprated rear springs and the front dose catch on the odd speed bump. To the point were we have had to relocate the diesel tank to be mounted to the rear chassis. The only thing that I did was uprate the front tyres too a stronger wall i.e Mercedes sprinter tyres. and found this has made a great difference.

Cheers, I will keep this in mind when the tyres need changing. Only just done one due to a bubble in the sidewall:blushing:

What brand has stronger walled tyres, anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Arbtalk mobile app

......relocate the diesel tank to be mounted to the rear chassis....

Right, i'm going to start tinkering as there are two points that let down my truck (35c14), cack brakes and a diesel tank that sits ridiculously close to the floor.

Was there much involved in the relocation? I'll tip it tomorrow and start figuring but pointers welcome.

Regards,

Steve.

Its not to much trouble to move the tank. we moved mine to the drivers side under the tipping body just has two new brackets made and bolted it on. for some reason if you fill the tank up it will only show that its half full on the gauge I think that its some thing to do with the height of the tank.

(35c)crew cab daily

we put continental front tyres they seemed to be the strongest walled tyre I could find.

Regards

David