New chipper and unimog

Mike Hill

So after a 1100km road trip and a 16hout ferry ride my unimog is now at its new home in Norway.At a top speed of 80kmph,I just managed to make minimum speed on the autobahn.

Its a 1987 U1000 with 100 000km on the tach and 6000 work hours on the clock.

All in all I`m pretty happy with it,just have to build a chip box with rear and side doors to take advantage of the three way tipping deck.

I bought hydralic linkage and had that fitted,I`ll sell that after I have built a swing away mount for the rear.

Tomorrow I collect a TP150 chipper for the back.Farmi would have been first choice but there is a TP agent down the road that gave us 12months interest free on a new one.Too good to turn down.Ill post some photos when I have the rig painted and boxed up.

The current "retna burning" orange is just to much to stomach after a few pints.

Thanks guys,I'll see how this one goes,took it for a spin around all but the very tightest streets in town to see if a bigger one would have been practical.Not really as it turns out as the old cobbled streets are often all lump and as you turn the truck cants to one side.This might mean a taller chip box might clip somones house,I had a look at a U1400's,1600's as I like the idea of more capacity,but that would have been at the expense of manoverability and thats why we got it in the first place.

I reckon I might build the chipper mount and then trade the hydralics on a set of fast axels.As I am now imagining a camper box for the back,that I could lift off with the hi ab.

If I ever get around to it that is!

So after a 1100km road trip and a 16hout ferry ride my unimog is now at its new home in Norway.At a top speed of 80kmph,I just managed to make minimum speed on the autobahn.

Its a 1987 U1000 with 100 000km on the tach and 6000 work hours on the clock.

All in all I`m pretty happy with it,just have to build a chip box with rear and side doors to take advantage of the three way tipping deck.

I bought hydralic linkage and had that fitted,I`ll sell that after I have built a swing away mount for the rear.

Tomorrow I collect a TP150 chipper for the back.Farmi would have been first choice but there is a TP agent down the road that gave us 12months interest free on a new one.Too good to turn down.Ill post some photos when I have the rig painted and boxed up.

The current "retna burning" orange is just to much to stomach after a few pints.

Congratulations and you won't regret the TP Mike they are good chippers best of luck :)