chipping in trailer

prolinep

Currently just got a new tipping trailer to chip into and was just wondering what people have done to make the ideal chip box as i tend to find it sprays the truck with chipping that bounce out the trailer. thought of getting a roll over cover but what other ideas have people done ?

Currently just got a new tipping trailer to chip into and was just wondering what people have done to make the ideal chip box as i tend to find it sprays the truck with chipping that bounce out the trailer. thought of getting a roll over cover but what other ideas have people done ?

Fashioned this in a few days, still strips down when required.

Little Steven

597668620ae62_cameramemory318.jpg.48a8b5f9033b5ebfb263a9ea9b5bd096.jpg

Tidy job, Do you level load out before going on road as looks could be a bit nose heavy with a part load o chip. I have to with mine mesh side with rocklene lining or just chog some rings onto the tail. Looks good as the rocklene gets rayed and stragly

Has it got a ladder rack?

If so, buy 3 sheets marine ply i.e. 8x4. Cut one board to the width of the trailer i.e. 5x4; this is the head board. The other two for the sides just cut two holes at the front tops and put a ratchet strap through and around the ladder rack. Instant chip box and folds down when empty.

As per

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/6gG4usQ3Tso/maxresdefault.jpg

Think the salvaged fence panel in the back is a bit crap lol

I just cable-tied some ply to the sides, thick ply to the ladder rack, and made a roof panel which is held down by ratchet straps with some little retaining batons to keep it in place. Works a treat! Just take the sides + roof off when not in use, so that it doesnt soak up too much rain.

1377300_10151634425355248_438471191_n.jpg.89e4874d82a45252bf77f04a7f0cd23f.jpg

Tidy job, Do you level load out before going on road as looks could be a bit nose heavy with a part load o chip. I have to with mine mesh side with rocklene lining or just chog some rings onto the tail. Looks good as the rocklene gets rayed and stragly

Hi Htb & simsimmo,

No I dont level normaly.... I tend to balance it out with chip or cord at rear. I don't fill trailer for road use it would be too heavy to be legal.

On site jobs it gets filled to the gunnels and its low-box to any consolidation area.

The trailer is a IW T126.....12'x6' so it would take a few cube!.. A normal T126 with mesh is 1.25t, so it is heavy.

597668625d1ba_cameramemory319.jpg.68ebc565d0790ba7556e06cf6fbc0562.jpg

Big thanks for the advice on this one, Been looking at some of the pics you all posted and by the looks of things il have to get the round to building a lid/roof for the top to deflect the chip back into the trailer. Few tidy little set ups in the pics so will have to get round to making mine better. Iv got a IFOR tipper and borded the sides but lid looks like my best bet to keep it from spraying the truck.