Advice On Buying New Model????

timberdog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the 026 which is an excellent, lightweight saw for the small fells, snedding out sorta work, 372 husky which is ideal mid range saw, then use the 066 for the larger work. Well chuffed with the 026, for what it is. As someone else said, dont discount the jonsereds, I also have the 2051 (50ish cc) not as pokey as the huskies or stihls, but adequate for snedding out and small fells. I used to run a Jonsered 2095, but I think that'd be to big and heavy for your needs, and they never used to have a decomp

If I had a limited budget, and could only buy one saw, I think it would be the 372/575 husky, with a couple of different size bars for different applications, and keep the lightweight saw you have for small stuff.

sorry new to this buy a 36 ?? 361?

a 360 is an older model and I did'nt rate it, the 361 is one Stihl latest generations of saw, high revving and steel springs/rubber for AV's instead of just rubber, which makes it a very comfy low vibration saw to use.

From re-reading your post, I see you have 2 small saws, the 350 is alomst equivilient to a 260, I had one my first saw in fact and liked it, put a 16" bar on it and it runs real good, I ran mine with 18".

To save confusion, and i'm not saying jonsered or other brands are bad, its just Stihl and Husky dealers are easier to come by.

I'd go for either a 361, there is also the 341 this is exactly the same as a 361 just slightly de-tuned and a little cheaper.

I'd reccomend the 361 as it will still give you a long life and that little bit of extra performance is noticable. Both good saws tho.

The problem is your 350 is a 50cc saw a 361 is 60cc so its not a huge step up, you may find the 350 will tackle most things the 361 can. So for a real upgarde and investment a 70cc saw may be better.

In which case a 372, or 440/441, the 440 is an older model but still avaible and is a very good saw. the 441 is the newer type with steel springs and other improvements, i've heard a lot of good things about this saw.

If it was me i'd get a 372, good value good performance and in the middle of your budget. Its a lot of saw though mate, maybe overkill.

The 341/361 are not nearly as up to date in design as the 441. The entire stihl line up is being redesigned in the same way as the 441, with 4 ports etc.

The spring anti-vib thingys are only the tip of the iceberg.

I'd have a 441 over a 372, oh wait, i have! Very aggressive saw, loves to cut timber.

The 341/361 are not nearly as up to date in design as the 441. The entire stihl line up is being redesigned in the same way as the 441, with 4 ports etc.

The spring anti-vib thingys are only the tip of the iceberg.

I'd have a 441 over a 372, oh wait, i have! Very aggressive saw, loves to cut timber.

My 372 pee pee's on your 441:aetsch:

372 husky everytime, its the only saw i own that always goes out with me on every job. will run a 15inch bar up to a 24inch making it very versitile, its not to heavy to use for long time periods.

i have a couple of stihls and a couple of huskys and i favour the husky's unless i need a really big saw then the stihls win. (but only 85cc and bigger)

best advice would be go to your local dealers and have a pick up and feel of each saw your looking at.

441 is a totally ferocious, 70cc beast. You will fear it. It kicks the crap out of the 440. I have used both saws side-by-side and there is a remarkable difference in power. It has the same air filtration system as the 121cc 880.

However, it's pretty heavy to lug around all day and, unless you're cross cutting a lot of hardwood, you're probably better off with a 361/341 as the vibration rating is considerably lower. You can pretty much use the 341 all day without getting into damaging levels of vibration. The 441 has about 4 times as much vibration.

Remember, whatever saw you get, get a professional model. Husky call them xp, but, although the **1 numbering guides you a little, the stihl system isn't as clear. See their website for more details.

RIGHT HAD A LONG LOOK:

STHIL:

MS 441 80CC 4.1KW 25BAR 6.6KG £647

MS 660 91CC 5.2KW 25BAR 7.3KG £830

husky:

372xp 80cc 3.9kw 25bar 6.1KG £621

395XP 93CC 5.4 kw 25bar 7.9kg £753

all with spare chains

looking at the 361 and 390 the aint much differance in price to buying the above models i take on what you say about weight but my min keeps comming back to price and furthering my self long term and investing now rarther than having to trade in later etc??