Anyone use a puller to remove old fence posts?

Big T

Hiya,

I have been thinking of making a device that pulls fenceposts out of the ground, something simmilar to what they seem to use in America. Does anyone use such a thing or made their own? Would like to be able to pull post and concrete ideally!

Quite a few on youtube, hi lift farm jacks are good on wood posts , not so on concrete posts.

yer made one out of high lift jack put it on wheels. had some concrete posts to take out lift out the post concrete as well most of the time and wheel it round to the truck .

done it before just using the jack by itself but trys tipping forward and u dont get a straight lift so posts dont come out so easy

Thats a great bit of kit. I use a 5ft hi lift, including on concrete posts, choke a sling round the post, stand the base of the jake on a bit or sleeper to get a bit of extra hieght and crank away. The jack will tilt forward but when you have jacked it about 2rds of the way up pull on the post of the jack to bring it back vertical and the post should pop out.

Would any of these suggestions work on a telegraph pole?

I have one in my garden that used to have the power on. That got put underground this summer but they left the pole as BT has tacked a phoneline to it. I can move the phoneline and have some good use for the pole.

But how to get it out?

Would any of these suggestions work on a telegraph pole?

I have one in my garden that used to have the power on. That got put underground this summer but they left the pole as BT has tacked a phoneline to it. I can move the phoneline and have some good use for the pole.

But how to get it out?

Do you need the bit in the ground?? you could just fell it :001_smile: