what should we charge for cut and split dry logs

I-buy-logs

Sorry mate but they must be either very big cubes or wet at those weights. Last time I weighed some dry ash it came in at 320kg M3

Agree with others that a ton of fresh felled hardwood makes approximately 2m3 of logs (mixed species)

Edited by Woodworks

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no thats timber thats been air dried for 6 mths kiln dried is obviously a bit less weight moisture is around the low 20s people burn as soon as buying from us.

no im not joking i have a certified weighbridge on site and weighing them thats the weight that we got them to i don't think 280 kg for a builders bag overflowing is particularly heavy is it ? for us having a weighbridge it seams logical to sell on weight on decent orders.

barnsley bob a load of cord comes on a 80m2 lorry stacked and you get 52m2 split ??? the 1m2 crates of kiln dried on ebay weigh 500kg so i thing 600kg is about right.

HI BUY LOG if your buying in timber green then kiln dried back to less then 20% you will be out of pocket if you do not work it out RIGHT ALL THE BEST WITH IT JON

HI BUY LOG if your buying in timber green then kiln dried back to less then 20% you will be out of pocket if you do not work it out RIGHT ALL THE BEST WITH IT JON

I am with you on this Jon,there must be 30% weight loss in drying , plus the cost of kilning

no thats timber thats been air dried for 6 mths kiln dried is obviously a bit less weight moisture is around the low 20s people burn as soon as buying from us.

no im not joking i have a certified weighbridge on site and weighing them thats the weight that we got them to i don't think 280 kg for a builders bag overflowing is particularly heavy is it ? for us having a weighbridge it seams logical to sell on weight on decent orders.

barnsley bob a load of cord comes on a 80m2 lorry stacked and you get 52m2 split ??? the 1m2 crates of kiln dried on ebay weigh 500kg so i thing 600kg is about right.

I get 53 bags 0.75m from an artic load fresh felled beech water running out of the wood when the forwarder picks it up. weight per bag in the post above.

so almost £1,200 delivered in and retails out £4,982 £6,042 if its barrow bags.

Edited by Logsnstuff

It is my understanding that under UK law, you cannot sell firewood by weight...............

That is just twaddle!

You can sell firewood by weight or volume.

You can sell it by the truckload; sackload; builders bagload or in an old ladies shoe . . . . . . . . just as long as what you are selling is just what you have described.

I weighed fresh felled beech 2 weeks ago 498kg a bag 0.75m3 and a ton is only 1016kg so 2 cube is too much

OH DEAR!!

Now I see where a lot of confusion exists in the UK... The "Ton" went out along with Nelson´s eye:sneaky2:

To be precise it was fased/phased out in 1965.

Someone is losing money here...1 TONNE is 1000Kgs. There is no extra/missing 16Kgs.

Regarding the original post:

I think you need to clarify, for the benefit of other posters; when you say ´Wholesale´ I take it you mean " for sale to other traders" and NOT " bulk sales to the public" ?