Price for Cash???

Gardenmac

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cash = same price. Don't discount as the quotes are usually keen enough to earn the work, any more fat trimmed off and the bread goes out the window.

I usually have it with posh people who assume money talks, I do enjoy telling them thanks for the offer but I prefer BACS thanks.

Cash = same price. Don't discount as the quotes are usually keen enough to earn the work, any more fat trimmed off and the bread goes out the window.

I usually have it with posh people who assume money talks, I do enjoy telling them thanks for the offer but I prefer BACS thanks.

How did you guess!

Don't see what the problem is with accepting cash, and even offering a small discount.

One of our largest corporate customers insists on a 5% discount for immediate payment.

We're happy to give this in the full knowledge that our cash flow is safe, and we've already priced it in.

Their last invoice was for £14,000 so 5% was £700, they're happy, my banks happy, who loses?

I have heard of a customer asking this question. The tradesman explained that he didn't give a discount for cash as everything went through his books and the customer then disclosed that he was a Tax inspector. :001_smile:

Spot on that's why you have to be clean and clear.

Discounts might come into it once I start the job and that's never a problem. Personally I never give discount before a job starts, this one is priced on two people and a set number of hours to get the job sorted, the customer knows this but you never get

"Oh let me know if it takes more time than quoted for"

I'm more than happy to drop the price once we get into the job. Priced it high for any unknowns that may jump up.