MS362 or 560XP?

Old Mill Tree Care

This is a question ONLY for those who have used both saws. I accidentally put the wrong title on the chainsaw forum, sorry.

If you have used both, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks.

It's swings and roundabouts the 560 has more power but the 362 is more reliable

The 560 is thirsty compared to 362 also I find it better getting parts for sthil than huskys 9 times out of 10 you'll have to order a parts in for a husky whereas they'll have them on the shelf for a sthil

I own a 560xp but I'm currently using a 362 as my 560xp is in for repair (oil seals and crank bearings) it's only 18 months old

All in all I prefer the 560xp just for the power

I have been using both regularly for a while now (i own 560xp and company i sub to has 362). The 362 is ok, but that's about it. it feels very cheap, the chainbrake handle for example seems like it will snap easily from normal use. Performance wise, it's well below the 560xp. as with most of the new generation stihl's, the pickup is so bloody slow. It feels more like a farmers/landscapers saw ie the old ms390.

The 560 is an absolute animal, even with a 20" bar cutting rock hard beech over bar length, it doesn't bog down or slow down at all. With the 15" bar on it's well balanced and not heavy at all so well suited for an all round snedding/cross cutting saw.

I can't comment on the reliability of the engines or the longevity of the saws as i've only used them for the last 6 months.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

Give me a 560 any day of the week , mines over 2 now, used hard and has had one fault that spud fixed for under £50 and it still never stops impressing me the power it punches..

Don't own a 362 but have nearly fallen asleep but frustration kept me awake on the ones I have used.

I own and use a 362 daily for power line work. It takes all the abuse I can throw at it never let me down and It is just over a year old now. Lots of power and it'll cut all day long over bar length without missing a beat.

All the times I have used a 560 it just feels like it has no power apart from flat out revs. And it feels a lot more plastic-y.

The 560 is a lot narrower then the stihl so the ergonomic movement (I'm sure that's what it's called?) of the saw side to side sneedding up and use of the saw up a tree is so much easier for your wrists, arms and shoulders. I have use the stihl and it's no way near as comfortable to use 5 days a week as the 560 that is a big selling point to me. Also the 560 is amazing on fuel as it has the auto tune so it doesn't just rag it's guts out when not needed to. The air filter on my 560 never seems to block up ever, I check it twice a week and probably clean it once a month! Isn't the husky cheaper then the stihl also? My local shop is a stihl and husky dealer and every time I go in there they always have parts so must be easy to get hold of. Alasdair you use the husky 2 stroke too so run the right fuel for it. I'm sure people will disagree with me on some points I've made but it's good to see everyone's opinion when you are just about to spend £600